Used 2006 Kia Sedona Minivan Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Not a bad value
By Justin

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in 2010 when family expanded with twins. Rear passenger power door works about about 10% of the time. Only a few trips to mechanic for some leaks, oil and radiator. But expensive repairs when needed. Blows signal bulbs and headlight bulbs every three months, which I learned to fix proficiently on my own. Drove this van on numerous family trips all over, and some very long distance trips as well. Never once did it break down and leave us stranded, never once did it fail to start. Not the highest quality, but great value. I couldn't afford a Honda or Toyota, but those have their own problems too, just research them. Also we were severely rear ended with all of my kids in the car, including a three year-old in the third row seat. The rear window blew up but the door stayed solid and didn't come anywhere near the third row. At the end of the day I would trust a Kia with my family.

I own an 06 sedona, would love to own a 15!
By taxilady7

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My red Sedona was purchased used with 60,000 miles and is used as a taxi! My customers love riding in it. The engine is so quiet. It now has 239,000 miles and is still running great! Did not do an tune up until 225,000 miles and of course kept all the other regular maintenance up, like oil, tires, etc... This one is an EX, biggest problems I am having now is the electric doors not working and can't find anyone out side the dealership to fix them! Other small stuff is headlights blow every 3 months, even replaced one whole light, sway bar links have to be replaced every year! Parts are hard to find and if you use the after market parts they don't last! Have to go online to find good parts!

Quiet engine, rides so smooth, last longer than any other van I have had, good deal for the value. Love the fold down back seats, they get moved a lot! Love the fold in side mirrors.

Lower prices for parts! Better manuals on how to fix or how to diagnose the problems with the electric sliding doors! I cannot afford the jacked up prices the dealers give you! Make the sway bars stronger and longer lasting head light blubs.

2006 Sedona Minivan
By apostled612

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Well we bought the vehicle used and the the fist thing that happened when we took it to the Kia dealer for complete service, the vehicle was in great shape until they did a recall on the left rear passenger door, the dealer was replacing the rear door latch. Since then the door has not opened on it's own. Sometimes we have to play with the controls to make the rear door close properly.

What attracted me to the vehicle was the fully functional rear doors(up to and including the windows fully going down) also the rear DVD player as well as the room inside the vehicle. The driver and passenger seat recline back comfortably. I enjoy the smooth ride on the highway when we travel. Overall it is ideal for the 7 members in my family.

I think that MPG should be improved. I understand that it is a 6 cylinder engine, I think you should get more than 300 miles to a tank of Gas. It takes about 60.00+ to fill it up when it is empty. They should look into improving the operation of the passenger doors.

The suckish minivan
By syopot2004

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van in 2006, and after that I have brought this van to the service center for a thousand times already. Under chassis failed already, ball joint, tie rod end and so many to mention. During that time I had only 30,000 miles with
the odometer. At 40,000 miles the oil seal failed (so many to mention). Now at 50,000 miles coolant leak. Keep it coming Kia.

NONE

Please KIA motors never sell your cars here in USA, your product is so weak. Just stay in Korea where you belong. To all the people who is planning to buy this korean made car "DO NOT BUY THIS PLEASE STAY WITH JAPANESE".

Got what I paid for
By meare1

2006 Kia Sedona Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Used to have a Dodge Caravan, compared to that JUNK, this Kia is MUCH better. Yes, it has had the trips to the dealer, (2) for warranty related work, but compared to the NON-warranty trips I had with the Dodge, I would NEVER buy Mopar AGAIN!!
Not a bad van for the money. I bought it used with 24k and have since gone past the warranty and just bought new tires for it.

This van smokes!! It has power! Great for merging or embarassing people who think that since it is a mini-van it is slow... The interior is comfortable, nothing fancy but adequate and I think it looks better than every other mini-van in style. The quality is there.

better gas mileage!!