Used 2006 Kia Sedona Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

Best bang for the buck
By Beth

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for the best value for your dollar, this is the ticket! Why pay thousands more for other brands with the same features? This one provides quality at a value price.

Great torque - plenty of giddy'up!

Interior noise sometimes a bit much - make sure you test drive on uneven surfaces to see if this bothers you.

Much better than I ever expected
By typer_801

2006 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Saw all the great press from the car mags, consumer reports, IIHS, etc. and then saw the massive incentives and really incredible prices at the end of the year... they seemed too good to pass up. We wanted an Odyssey, but, even at invoice it was $6-7K more than the Sedona. That pushed me over the edge and we decided to give Kia a chance. So far it's far exceeded my expectations. While not perfect, for what we paid, we have no complaints.

Great warranty, comfortable and spacious interior, attractive styling, loads of standard equip (auto dimming mirror, fogs, dual power seats), Manu-matic gear selection, leather wrapped steering wheel, power venting third windows.

Improved fuel economy, crisper upshifts/faster downshifts from the transmission, more 2nd row seating options (like the Ody), make power sliding door standard on the EX, get rid of the woodgrain on the dash of the grey interior cars.

Went from Honda to Kia
By db1959

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Odyssey from 2003 to 2006 and bought a 2006 Kia Sedona in late 2006. It had 4500 miles when I bought it. I like the comfort and ride, both compare favorably to the Odyssey. Recently while driving the driver's side view mirror fell out and was broken upon impact with the street. I had never had any contact with the mirror or its housing. The dealer first told me it would be covered under warranty but after it was replaced he called up the VIN and noted it had been put into service on 6-21-06 and as such fell out of the 12 months so wanted $42 for the mirror. And they did not take American express so they took the mirror back. Made for bad PR IMO.

Great ride, very smooth and powerful. Nice design both exterior and interior. Good price especially compared to Honda.

Better bracing for the center console as drinks tend to shake while driving. Some front view restricted by posts. Rear back up warning system not too reliable and too loud.

What a great car!
By jenean

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful vehicle. I got rearended in this vehicle and the insurance company had to total it but I walked away without a scratch on myself or my son who was sitting in the passanger front seat. Very safe car. I highly recommend it. We liked it so much we went and bought a 2007 EX.

I am short so I liked the way I sat in the car and could see over the hood easily, also no blind spots. Loved the center table in the car and all the drink holders.

Only suggested improvment would be to put a stablizer bar on the table in center so it doesn't jiggle.

Great Family Vehicle
By Dan

2006 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this minivan in August 2006 to accommodate our expected second child. Minivans aren't cool, but for functionality and practicality for families, they really can't be beat. We purchased this van due to the value, warranty, and exceptional safety ratings, even for the base model. The van drives very well and is very comfortable on long trips. I am 6' 4" and don't get fatigued during long trips. The engine is smooth and very adequate. Handling is wobbly, but it is a van not a sports car. Stereo very good for the base model. Fuel economy a little worse than expected. This thing will swallow a Volkswagen, yet is as easy to park and maneuver as my old honda civic.

Safety features standard, warranty, strong engine, value, cargo space.

Fuel economy could be better. I get 15.5 pure city and about 22 highway. This has improved a bit since the weather has warmed up. Was getting 14 city. A bit more legroom for the driver would be nice. Otherwise no complaints.