Used 2007 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Rio

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Van Devere>does not honor rust warranty
By dave

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This Kia Rio rusted out within 3 years! Took it to the dealer. Van Devere in Akron, Ohio West Market St will not honor warranty on rust protection. DO NOT BUY A KIA RIO. Korean junk!!

none

Honor your warranty on rust protection

In love with my little Rio!
By rachelheartsrio

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 17,000 miles on it. In 8 months of my long commute, I'm up to 31,000- with no problems! This car is sporty, fun to drive, and very reliable. The design is exactly what I was looking for- compact, but cute and spacious on the inside. I get compliments all the time, and I love to brag about the great gas mileage and performance of this little car. My only complaint is it struggles over the passes (I live in Colorado), but I think any 4 cylinder would! All in all this is an excellent vehicle-- great value for your money!

The arm rest for the driver is a nice feature. I also love how spacious the interior is! I can comfortably fit 4 adults. The sound system is also very nice, considering it's the original factory installed one. Great quality!

Honestly I'm very pleased with my little car! Can't think of anything I would change.

Piece of junk
By frustrated

2007 Kia Rio SX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in hopes of having a reliable vehicle for once. Day 1 02 sensor went out. 9 months later electrical problems. Went through 4 Cruise controls in 1 year because Kia kept putting the same one in. Went to private custom shop they put a better one in and told me that my car was destroying the Cruise because the car and Cruise control were not compatible. 2 years running lights and fog lights to make sure they are on I have to tap them before I drive away. Handles horrible in the winter. Gets worse gas mileage than the car I traded in for 1995 Dodge intrepid. I got 28 the first month of owning this car now I am lucky if I get 18 mpg. Everyone one I see I say stay away from Kia!

the outside of the car looks cool and the interior is sporty (i have the sports package) i like my spoiler and my pedals.

standard pwr locks/windows. better control. more power. better gas mileage. standard cruise control that is compatible with the car. better electrical and better warranty don't just plug it in and say oh nothings wrong with it. also when my 02 sensor went out they told me it was my gas cap!

It's good for the price
By Jim

2007 Kia Rio 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Kia was purchased in July of 2007 brand new, I Have put over 85,000 miles on the car and only had it in the shop once for a timing belt going out at 72,000 miles (didn't realize they were only designed to last 60,000) pricey repair, but other wise the car has been fantastic as I have a rather long commute to work at 55 miles each way. I average 39 mpg between city and highway with the 5 speed manual transmission. The only real Issue I have with the car is that it was purchased with no AC in the Arizona desert, and it is uncomfortable for long trips, after about 2 hours behind the wheel it starts getting a uncomfortable and I need to stop and get out of the car.

Excellent fuel economy, good room for the size of the car, low maintenance

A/C, and power options standard.

I love this little car!
By Mom of two

2007 Kia Rio Rio5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This little car has continued to impress. My SX Rio5 had the power and sport packages which turned heads. It has been SO FUN TO DRIVE, so sporty/adorable and the gas mileage is the envy of all my friends and complete strangers who ask and gasp about the excellent MPG! I have enjoyed this car for three years now and have been spoiled by my exceptional dealership. Whenever taking my car in for warranty service or an oil change, I'd get a complimentary ride to work and back; they'd even give me a free car wash and replace lightbulbs in a jiffy. I now find myself needing a roomier car (minivan w/ a growing family of 4). I'm sad to let go of my trusty friend; he was so reliable and kept me safe!

Highway driving, MPG, Sporty and adorable look and feel, fun to drive and can park anywhere. In winter, heats up fast and safe on snow/ice. It is the perfect little car that you can take anywhere and not feel pretentious but still look and feel cool driving it. So SAFE & RELIABLE - more than a man!!

A couple years into ownership, I bought bad gas from a crummy gas station (bad side of town); I think it had water in it. It messed up the engine, 4th cylinder, and had to have it replaced. The dealership fixed it but not sure if it was an engine issue or gas issue. They fixed airbag light defect.