Used 2006 Kia Rio Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Rio

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Well Worth The Money
By GoldyLockz

2006 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in '06, and I have NEVER had a single problem other then replacing an accent bulb. Gas mileage is excellent averaging at about 36 MPG and it being extremely cute doesn't hurt either! Awesome buy for it's class! And I personally think the sound quality is great and and the ride is super quiet.

Turn Radius, Gas mileage, Sound. Actually pretty much everything!

None so far...

I was expecting too much
By joudain

2006 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My family laughed when I told them I was getting a Kia. It had such good reviews and I was looking for an affordable car. Well, barely two years late, I am laughing right with them. First my car stalls at a stop light. I managed to drive it to a dealership - my board had to be replaced. 2nd just happened yesterday. My car got overheated on the freeway on the way home - this is the first time in my life I had to have it towed! I cannot recommend this car to anybody. I wish I can turn back time and get a Toyota or Honda instead. No thanks, Kia, never again!

Nice design on the outside, very cute. Fairly nice sound system. I also appreciate the height of the vehicle.

Make it more reliable instead of having problems at barely 2 years old. I am a petite person so interior is just right but would feel cramped for most. Would love to swap one out for one that works and is 100% reliable.

Pretty good basic car
By Julia

2006 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I had my rio for 2 years almost exactly and it had 50,000 miles on it! It still ran great but I did keep having problems with the battery. I had to get 3 within that period of time and the third was malfunctioning. That didnt really bother me since it was easily fixed, covered by warranty and there were no other problems. The ride is noisy and random passengers would always think a window was cracked from wind noise. I was warned of that and it didnt matter to me. I liked the interior actually and thought it looked cool and cleaned well. Gas mileage was not nearly as good as expected. If possible spend more get civic, much better quality and gas mileage. But this is good for the money.

Price and warranty. Looks cute, is comfy and gets the job done.

Stronger exterior, in the accident my car was crushed and other had minor dent.

Kia - Excellent First Foreign Car
By Robert

2006 Kia Rio LX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The Kia LX is the first foreign car I have ever purchased. I usually bought Dodge or Ford. Not any more. At age 52 I bought this car for the gas mileage and 100,000 mile warranty. Not one problem since I bought it.

Gas mileage, handling, fun to drive. Good little stereo system too. Except the CD player could be better.

Better CD player. A not so cheap interior.

Best car I have ever owned!
By ilovemykiario5

2006 Kia Rio 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Kia for almost 2 years; got it for Christmas in 2005 and it is the best car I have ever owned. I love the way it handles, the gas mileage and the roomy interior is the best ever! The stereo system is fantastic, the a/c works great as well as the heater, and I really cannot find a single thing to complain about with this car! I love it so much that the lack of cruise control, electric windows and such do not even bother me! I would rather have the good basics this car has than all of the whistles and bells that everyone else finds so appealing!

Everything; I just love this car, and will drive it until it's last breath!

Why mess with perfection! Like the old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"