Used 2006 Kia Rio Wagon Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Kia Rio Wagon

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

brake problems and gas pedal problems
By karen

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased because of the cost and size along with good mileage. I have had 3 brake cylinders replaced in less than 1 year two of them on the same side and still my brakes are squeaky and at times making noises that I have never had before in any vehicle I have ever driven. They seem unwilling or unable to diagnose the real problem. I am very disatisfied with the car. Problems with the gas pedal sticking 1st thing in the morning and they are unable to find the problem with that as well. I'm unhappy with the car.

hatchback

Better carpet and better finish. Close the large gap in the front seats so you don't lose everything you put on the seat to the floor of the backseat.

Best car I have ever owned!
By ilovemykiario5

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Kia for almost 2 years; got it for Christmas in 2005 and it is the best car I have ever owned. I love the way it handles, the gas mileage and the roomy interior is the best ever! The stereo system is fantastic, the a/c works great as well as the heater, and I really cannot find a single thing to complain about with this car! I love it so much that the lack of cruise control, electric windows and such do not even bother me! I would rather have the good basics this car has than all of the whistles and bells that everyone else finds so appealing!

Everything; I just love this car, and will drive it until it's last breath!

Why mess with perfection! Like the old saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Excellent
By white

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving my Rio 5. It handles so well and the comfort is like a big SUV. I am truly glad that I made this purchase. Would definitely recommend to others. Only dislike is no cruise control.

Style of vehicle.

Cruise control which will improve mileage.

still love the car
By 67mustang

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 05 brand new. i loved it right out the gate. The car has good turning radius and enough kick to get some speed out of the 110 horse power engine. And the fuel mileage is great - I can go to San Diego to Huntington Beach and back and back again to the beach on one tank! I put some custom rims on the car and it looks and feels great. Controls are easy and still in love with this car

Good styling, fast for little horse power, love the feel and smoothness.

Little more horsepower.

Not what we expected.
By my3sheets

2006 Kia Rio Wagon 5 SX 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Brand new with 100000mi/10yr warranty...well we have 20,000 miles and already have taken it to the shop 6 times. 2 recalls,1 radio not working, 1 power steering pump thing, 2 for transmission, no acceleration (very dangerous problem) and this problem is acting up again. The availability of parts for the car has been a nightmare of rental cars. The gas mileage is great but I think the car may wear out before the warranty. Wife thinks the trunk is too small...but we could see that. Plus due to my credit we are paying a lot for the car (no choice) so I don't feel we are getting our monies worth! Strongly consider NOT buying this model.

Wife says Princess lights, no forgetting to turn lights off. Me - I like the gas mileage, long trips are made bearable knowing I am saving a few dollars.

Uh...a lot.