Used 2016 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

2016 Kia Optimamazing
By Abbie

2016 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car rides and drives like a 70k luxury car. Very roomy. Eye catching style! I get complements everywhere I go. This car can flat azz get it. Quick acceleration, Smith shifting and hugs the road like a sports car with the comfort of a luxury sedan. I have 37000 miles on it and have had NO issues. Great gas mileage I get 32 hwy and I keep my toe in the gas! Zoom zoom. ONLY problem I have found is I wanted to trade and get a 2018 but the car does not hold their value! I was offered 13k and the car is like new, garaged and maintained completely by the dealer.

Hard seats sore ass
By Jan

2016 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 5' 5 and still have to have the seat all the way up to see over the hood and still do not have the vision to judge where the front of your car is. The seats are hard and long trips are very uncomfortable. When it snows the ice stays on the windshield no matter how I adjust the defrosters. It has no compass as my other autos have had. The trunk is large but the trunk lid is small and larger item won't fit. It does have a good get up and go and has always been reliable a god grocery getter but wouldn't recommend it for long distance.

Economical, yet Very Sporty Ride
By Larry K

2016 Kia Optima LX Turbo 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

First of all, this was the Engine/Transmission combo I wanted. While driving in the Standard or Eco mode can be rather dull, I ONLY drive in SPORT mode. I like the way it shifts, both up and down, as I've always used the auto/manual mode for downshifting. It has proven to be responsive and reliable after 16 months and 2 road trips of 3, 000+ miles. I had no problem exceeding 100 mph over the mountains of Tennessee and the hills of Kentucky and Ohio. The 1.6T is very adequate and surprised me with no less than 34 mpg on both trips. The Tech Package (now its the Convenience Pkg) was an excellent choice. The cabin was very quiet at high speeds, thanks to the thicker windows. The seat positions were also very comfy on long drives, thanks in part to the 12-way power seat. The added lumbar function allowed me to manipulate it to mimic a "shiatsu" massage. If you enjoy a SPORTY RIDE without lots of frills, this car deserves a test drive. If SPORTY doesn't appeal to you, opt for the 2.4 paired with the 6-speed trans, a wonderful alternative, though not as exciting.

Unbelievably frustrated
By Lucy Oldham

2016 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2016 KIA Optima EX. Initially, I was very pleased with the car but the mechanical issues have changed my opinion. The car proved unreliable as the engine stalled multiple times and at times would not accelerate. The car's operation was dangerous having stalled while doing 70 mph on the interstate! I took the car in for service on 4 occasions, each time assured that "the problem is taken care of". The last time it stalled, I had it towed to the dealership and told them I thought the car was a lemon, I was scared to drive it and I wanted to trade it. So, I did for a 2017 Optima EX. It now has 22,000 miles on it and the same thing has started with the new vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called the same dealership today and spoke to the service department and was told once again "we have never heard anything like this". I said that is not true, you heard it from me about 7 or 8 months ago! So, here I go again...

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
By Carlos

2016 Kia Optima SX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The best car i never had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use to buy German car but KIA Optima change my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!