Used 2014 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Optima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Looks aren't everything
By D Ballard

2014 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new Kia Optima in 2014. It was a good looking car, but by the time I had 30k miles I started having problems: rattling Windows that after 3 visits to the dealership was never resolved; hit a bump in the road, no audio or display until I learned to pull the fuse and re-insert it to force a reboot; I had to replace the tires twice and purchase a new battery before 40k miles and the last straw was when I learned I needed new brakes at 45k, at which time I traded it in for a new Toyota. Save yourself the frustration - bypass this brand. I've had many cars in my lifetime and only Mazda was as bad as Kia.

Love it
By danny

2014 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great so far

Engine
By Jerome

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Google Kia Optima engine problems and you will find a number of suprisingly similar complaints to mine. Had for 4 months regular maintenance and suddenly engine just goes.

A SPORTY LUXURY CAR
By Anna Hill

2014 Kia Optima EX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

If you are looking for a vehicle with all the bells & whistles PLUS a sporty feel & exterior profile....this is the car for you! Once you test drive it you will be in love with it. Heated & cooled front seats are a wonderful feature for Texas weather. Never owned a hybrid before & Kia made me a believer. I will continue to own hybrid vehicles in the future.

Our 2014 Optima LX
By Donald C. McHenry

2014 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned our 2014 Optima LX for over a year now. over all, we are happy with the car. Plenty of power, good cornering, nice ride, very sharp design.
The front passenger seat is very low. I had to buy a cushion for my wife. The back seats are a bit low also. The steering could be a bit firmer. We have the car in for service now with a coolant leak. This is our first Kia so we will see about the reliability. It is fun to drive so I hope it is a keeper.

The Optima does have a sport sedan feel to it and it handles better than many of the midsize sedans that we test drove. The looks of the car attracted us also. The interior materials are quite good also. Our mpg has been good with about 25 in town and 35 on trips.

Higher back seats and front passenger seat Firmer power steering.