Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Paint issues and electrical issues not considered
By Not our problem

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I filed a complaint about my paint/clear coat having a spider web effect when I waxed. The complaint was made before the warranty was up. I contacted Kia a second time because the issue was progressively worse. Kia denied that I had filed a claim. I was informed by the rep that nothing was on file for my vehicle in their system. Now the paint is off of the warranty and this problem is everywhere. Their district manager stated " he would not look at it".
Also, too the car into the dealer for an issue with the gear shift. When the button is pushed I hear the solenoid in the dash board. I asked for it to be looked at and was advised nothing is wrong. Drivers window motor has begun to squeal when the window is rolled up.
After a rain I had noticed the rotors /brakes seemed as if they were rusting and grinding heavily for a few moments. Dealer stated nothing was wrong with it. Sounds terrible and grinds.

KIA Voids the Warrnaty where ever possible
By Liz Walsh

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a brand new 2013 KIA and the engine failed with just 43k miles Trust me KIA goes out of their way to not honor the warranty

Plus their service departments are so understaffed that it took weeks just for them to decide not to honor their warranty they wanted 7k for a new engine and said it would take 5 weeks to fix What a complete joke

We called every KIA dealer in the DFW area and the one we took it too in Lewisville was the only one who said they could look at it in a week. And this was before they knew it was an engine problem. Why should a customer have to wait that long just to find out what's wrong with the car?
What is the average customer supposed to do when they don't have enough staff to fix their vehicles?

Took the car to a local person who will fix the car for 3.2k and have it done in a week. I will never buy a KIA again research carefully their engines fail often and they will find someway to void the warranty.

Also they charged $118.00 just to tell us they wouldn't fix the car

They have a "goodwill" program that the mechanic said had never once been accepted by KIA

WAY impressed with this car!
By c1carroll

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Went shopping for a used Optima the minute I realized it was 'car time'.
Found a used 2013 with 44K on it, and almost dismissed it out of hand for high miles, until I drove it, then ...WOW!
Like it just rolled off factory floor. Loaded EX with ALL the bells and whistles.
Have had it for 7 months and another 6K, and I cant find the slightest flaw.
Getting about 24 MPG around town, and up to 38MPG on hwy, so I do NOT understand the MPG complaints I've read here.
Car drives like it's on rails, and very quiet.
My wife has the 2011 Sonata Limited so we're always comparing cars, and she'll admit, the Optima is the better of the 2. For the price, you can't beat it

4 years old now, and still drives like new. 72,000 miles and you cant feel ANY of them. Car is as new. Still getting great mileage and loving all the features.
I'll drive this for at least another 6 years (I try to do 10 years on all my cars) without any worries. Other than tires and oil changes, no expense yet!

Engine Problem
By sms3613

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So i bought my 2013 Kia Opitma in October of 2013 and I just had to replace my engine this month. Took it to two different dealers and they couldnt diagnose the problem. Finally went to a dealer that could and they told me I needed a new engine. The car isnt even 6 months old and has about 10000 miles on it. Its a great looking car and fun to drive on the weekends. Customer service could be a lot better and helpful.

Navigation, Sunroof, Seats, Trunk space

Better quality control and better parts.

Fantastic Sedan
By golleye

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove this car, a scion TC, and a Honda accord and the Optima was, in my opinion, the best of the three. With the features offered and the low price tag this car blew me away. I've had the car for 7 months now and have put 11,000 miles on it and I still love it. I have seen the other people saying that they do not get good gas mileage but on the country roads I get about 30mpg and in the city I still get a good 27mpg on the highway I usually average 35mpg. I have had no problems with the car and I definitely recommend it to someone looking for an amazing and gorgeous looking sedan with a low price tag.