Used 2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Fabulous car for money!!
By Roger

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car Dec of 2012. Got the LX with convenience package. Out the door with remote start (added non OEM) for $19800. Very comfortable and drive it whenever I can (its the wife's car). Now it currently has 60k miles on it. Only stuff that has needed done so far is new tires at 53k and front brakes during the 60K mile maintenance service. OEM tires weren't great (horrible on snow) but the new tires have made the car even quieter and perform great on snow. Bottom line is for a brand new car with all the standard equipment it can't be beat.

Bought used worth every dime
By Bill

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My cousin began selling KIA autos , we needed a vehicle so I called him. I'm so glad I did we bought a 2013 optima . In the past we've owned Mercedes E series and BMW 5 and 7 series. The Optima is better equipped as comfortable and don't take
My word for it the KIA brand has one of the highest quality ratings across the entire model line of most high production vehicles.
The optima is my wife's car I'm on the lookout for a used K900🇱🇷

2013 Kia Optima EX - Purchased with 16k miles
By Chuck Hotaling

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent value and good fuel economy. Acceleration is strong for a 4 cyl vehicle. Handles good, although power steering at times feels weak. We got our care for $16,500 on Dec 2015 with 16k miles. Purple/redish color with tan leather seats.

KIA OPTIMA SXL Never buy it
By Abdul rahman

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Please don't buy kia optima sxl engine turbo the car looks great but the engine are so annoying I was driving my optima 80mils a hour coming from work while suddenly the engine make some noise and I don't see any warning signs in dashboard before or even after it stopped and shut down ,break up the engine and that was as easy as 123 so my advice to all of you who buy it don't ever spend your money and time on something not worth it. It's kia optima sxl

Kia Optima SXL 2.0 Turbo Blown Engine
By Colton Pack

2013 Kia Optima EX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

At 80,00 miles I had to replace the engine. In total I spent $5,500 for the engine replacement at the Kia Dealership. They said the cause of it was "metal to metal rod bearings". According to kia I was to blame for not using a KIA GENUINE oil filter. Because I did not use their oil filter somehow metal got in my oil and ruined the engine. Thats a bunch of BS. I read multiple peoples accounts of the same experience with their KIA optima. I saw on the news where Hyundai recalled the same engine this car has. Clearly they need to investigate the optima engine as well. KIA doesn't care about their customers.