Used 2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

OVER RATED
By josejose

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Be prepared to buy a car and not like it once you have driven it for a while. Most new car owners look forward to taken it for a spin , not here. The ride is noisy and stiff and the electric steering is rough and stiff. Not worth it , the reviews saying it was a good car are bogus. You should rent one for the weekend before buying it , I wish I would have. Sold it a year ago after getting a notice from Kia saying they may have left metal shavings in the cylinder during the manufacturing process , was told to listen for knocking noises coming from the engine. Traded it in on a Ford Fusion , nicer ride , quieter and averaging 45 MPG on the highway.

KIA how inexpensive thou are
By george marx

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is the best value I could find. (and it do a lot of research on cars) I bought SLX turbo and its plenty quick for these old bones. Just don't drop the hammer on it, the turbo doesn't like it. (Turbo lag) It came with every option you can think of save for auto slow down when its in cruise control.

Never thought I'd own a Kia
By Sly_Jester

2013 Kia Optima EX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Well, I bought a Kia... Man was that a great move! Keep in mind Im a Honda kind of guy and how dare I walk away from the accord models that have done me right for so many years?! Well, After weeks of comparing and constrating numbers and figures (warranty, mpg, price) I did it, In the summer of 2014 (June to be exact) I purchased a used 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX with 17,500 miles for $21,597.88 (ttt). Let me be the first to tell you the step up from an accord to this beauty was a life changer. The ergonomics of this car just makes me feel like I'm at home. Oh and the features well she's loaded nothing spared for the best! It may sound like I'm joking but the luster I have for this car is still present today. So let's get to the nuts and bolts! How is she today(12 July 2016) (I'm referring to the optima)? She has approx. 127k miles on her... Yes 127,000 miles. Any problems?! Yes, the backup camera doesn't work all the time. Well... Anything else?! No, I change my oil every 4K miles (full synthetic mobile 1), I have put two sets of tires on her, one K&N air filter, 6 cabin air filters, regular fluid changes, and she still spits out avg 33mpg. I have 99 problems but a Hybrid component ain't one. Now keep in mind I drive 1000 miles a week on avg. she has been in two accidents (cosmetic damages), but has never left me stranded or in distress (knock on wood). I will tell anyone who is looking for a reliable vehicle to consider Kia. I plan on putting another 150k miles on her before I retire her so I'll keep you posted when I hit 200k. Until then drive Kia and stop texting and driving!

Major value / minor problems
By Joseph

2013 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car, but very poor on snow.

enjoy my kia
By stan

2013 Kia Optima LX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

my kia get good mileage and maintence have been good lot of people at my job love my kia would recommended to anyone who desire to buy a kia.