Used 2013 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Air compressor 2013 Optima
By Disappointed

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Kia optima 2013 compressor went out after just a yr and a half. Under warranty, so they took care of it. BUT....IT WAS A REFURBISHED PART with a 12 Month warranty . It Just went out again after 18 months and of course it's out of warranty! My issue here is...the car is 3 and a half yrs old and has gone through 2 compressors! Does anyone else see my concern? Because Kia does Not!
I have bought 2 brand new Cars from them...there will NOT be a third!

Fantastic car, backed up by an excellent company!
By Dan L

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Optima, freshly graduated from college, back in September of 2012. Between commuting, family visits, and running a business, I have managed to put over 147,500 miles on it at the time of writing this review. The car is incredibly comfortable and relaxing to drive, with spacious and supportive seats, extremely responsive steering (I never understood these "numb-steering" reviews), well-designed tech, and a quiet interior. Up until mile ~147,490 I never had any major issues with the car; at that point, however, a major engine problem did arise. I won't go into all the gory details, but Kia did a fantastic job taking care of me, despite being outside of warranty (it is worth noting that I have been meticulous about staying on top of regular servicing/maintenance). Not many companies would stand behind their product like they do, which is what inspired me to write this review. Just got the car back last night, drove it close to 60 miles over the past 16 hours, and it feels as great as the day I bought it. If you get an Optima and maintain it as you should, you will be very happy with both the driving experience as well as the level of customer service they provide. Well done, Kia!

Purchased a CPO 2013 Kia OPtima.
By BAK

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far so good. Very quick for a 4 cylinder. Handles nice and tight. A physically beautiful vehicle compared to it's competition: Sonata, Camry, Accord. Just bought this CPO Optima with only 15,500 miles on it. As of now, I would definitely but another Kia, though I've had this car for only 2 months. Excellent value for the money.

For its class
By Mark s

Great car for the money

Love, Love, LOVE my KIA
By Laura Murphy

2013 Kia Optima EX Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought a 2013 Kia EX Hybrid. Immaculate and sold to me from dealer at no-haggle blue book price. Has all the bells and whistles. Absolutely love this car. >35mpg in town so far. (Edited to add 1 year later: STILL love my KIA!)