Used 2013 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

OVER RATED
By josejose

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Be prepared to buy a car a car and not like it once you have driven it for a while. Most new car owners look forward to taken it for a spin , not here. The ride is noisy and stiff and the electric steering is rough and stiff. Not worth it , the reviews saying it was a good car are bogus. You should rent one for the weekend before buying it , I wish I would have.

KIA how inexpensive thou are
By george marx

2013 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is the best value I could find. (and it do a lot of research on cars) I bought SLX turbo and its plenty quick for these old bones. Just don't drop the hammer on it, the turbo doesn't like it. (Turbo lag) It came with every option you can think of save for auto slow down when its in cruise control.

Major value / minor problems
By Joseph

2013 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great car, but very poor on snow.

Awesome Car!
By me me

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good in every way.

Not Impressed with the Optima or KIA
By Kris Parsons

2013 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2013 brand new KIA Optima LX (4cyl) at Cobb County KIA in Kennesaw, GA. I came into the dealership with my own financing. The salesman suggested that I should give their credit manager an opportunity to see if he could beat my current financing rate. I acquiesced and later regretted that decision. THREE hours later and after almost walking away from the deal, we finally got the paperwork signed. Apparently Cobb County KIA uses their credit manager to try and re-negotiate the deal. Extremely frustrated with how they do business. About a year later, I'm driving down the highway when I realize I have a flat tire. No big deal...have had to deal with this several times in my life. So I pull over to the shoulder, get out, open the trunk and pull up the trunk mat to find....NOTHING...where the spare should be is a little box containing a small air compressor and a can of "Fix-a-Flat". [non-permissible content removed]?? So I call the dealer thinking that surely there's some mistake...but no, the service manager tells me that KIA doesn't put spare tires in the Optima LX. But they do give you a little air compressor and Fix a flat. Now I'm pissed...I never even thought to check and see if the car had a spare when I was buying the damn thing. Logical assumption, right? Managed to get my car over to Discount Tire where they hooked me up in replacing my tire, and gave me a great deal on a cheap rim and used tire to keep in my car as an actual spare. Take notes KIA...actual customer service. Which is why I will always go back to Discount Tire but I will never buy another KIA product. Engine light comes on yesterday. Take the Optima by an AutoZone so they could check the code. Guy tells me it's a fuel sensor code and that KIA hasn't released parts to the parts stores so I'd have to take the car to the dealer for service. Got an appointment this morning with the Cobb County KIA dealership. They take it back and after about an hour and half they call me up to tell me that the bad fuel sensor was included as part of a recall and therefore there would be no charge. Great...finally some good news. We'll drive it around front for you. While I'm waiting, he comes back and says the engine light came on again...we need to check it out. After another hour of waiting, he comes out to tell me that another fuel sensor/GDI pump is bad...but this time it's not covered by a recall or warranty (keep in mind I have 79k miles on the car and is still under the 100k warranty). $1,067!!!! Unbelievable. I express my frustration to him...less than 3 yr old car still under 'warranty' and I'm already paying over a $1,000 for repairs. Keeping in mind I can't go anywhere else since KIA has a stranglehold on their parts. This is the final straw for me. I will never own another KIA product and I will tell everyone I know not to purchase one either.