Used 2011 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Blown Away
By dakota001

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking at Lexus, Acura, Accord EX recently and drove by a KIA Dealership.
I remember a friend had purchased a KIA years ago and put over 300,000 miles on it with virtually no problems.

I was blown away at the Optima.
It is elegant, refined, stylish and reasonably priced.
After the test drive, I called my credit union and drove it home immediately.
The next day when I went to sign the paperwork for my loan at the Credit Union, there two more new Optimas in the parking lot.
The loan officers came out to look at them and were all oooohing and aahhhing.
I LOVE my Optima

Everything

None

The most for the least
By bflem83

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my 03 Rio last week... says a buddy, "you went from a KIA to an Infinity??" No, this IS a KIA! This car meets and beats my expectations. The power of a six cylinder with the efficiency of four, this thing is a beast on the road, whether trying to pass or just have fun. I have the SX turbo with luxury package. Corners are incredible, and the ride is MUCH smoother than i expected based on other comments (what, were you driving through feathers before??), and i still cant believe the power behind it (274HP?!). The interior is incredibly elegant, with attention on the driver, and the panoramic roof, wow. Bumper to bumper, this car will have you feeling much richer than you actually are

pure elegance on 18" premium wheels, more than enough passing power on the highway, steering wheel controls that cover nearly everthing, paddle shifters, automatic light sensing headlamps, seamless bluetooth integration with my iPhone to not only make calls but play audio from songs and movies over the car system, unlocking and opening the door without having a handful of keys (as long as the key chip is in your pocket), push button start, tons of ROOM (i'm 6'2" and have copious amounts of room to spare) so many interior appointments you FORGET what youre driving and what you paid for it!

i'm a 28 year-old physicist, so i'd like to think i'm critical and analytical enough to be able to spot the faults, and i hate to be one of those people, but i just cant find a thing wrong yet. city, highway, day, night, rain, shine, i've driven the hell out of this thing, and i dont see anything even close to being worth complaining about.

Awesome!
By ddoc117

2011 Kia Optima Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Man, when I first saw this vehicle on a Kia dealership lot, I was immediately taken. The Optima SX is, by far, the coolest vehicle in it's class. Looks, styling, performance and value all rolled up into one fine automobile. Way to go Kia, you have my undivided attention, so much that a week after I first saw the Optima SX, I purchased one.

Can't say that I an inamured by a single feature however, I really like the interior space and leg room. Amazing design that gives the kids plenty of room in the rear seats. 274 horses, panaramic roof, heated and cooled seats, great audio and options. This car is everything that I was looking for and at a really reasonable price.

Make more of them... I had a hard time finding one.

Best Midsize Car for 2011 Update #3
By dankocke

2011 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Left Pull Issue 90% eliminated by getting new tires.
I was very hesistent about going this route as Kia would not offer to do this for me.
I've read the discussions on Kia forums and people who changed tires had success.
Luckily I was one of them.
I went with Yokahama Avid Envigors about $100 each and the fun factor has returned to this car 100 fold.
These new tires handle much better, are better in the rain and provide good road feel with a much better pronounced on-center feel.

Otherwise, my Optima is performing well.
With the sweltering heat my mileage has been between 27 and 29mpg commuting to work and back.

If you have this left pull issue just bite the bullet and buy new tires. Other folks have had success with Michelins, Continentals and me with the Yokos. Looks like just about any other tire is better than these Nexens. It makes for a completely different driving experience.

Great Car 2011 EX Turbo fully loaded
By we_will_see

2011 Kia Optima Sedan EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This truly is a very nice car.
Is it perfect no but unless you want to spend $80,000 plus.
This car is a great value, have the premium package with nav etc.
Have had for over a month with 3,455 miles.
Took two trips with it one 2 hours one 6 hours and it drives great on the highway.
I got 34.8 mpg.
The front drivers seat is a little stiff and could use more padding and the ride is a little firm but you get use to it.
A bit to much plastic inside but over all it looks rather up scale.
Getting about 22 mpg in the city.
Dispite what I have read it's very quite and I don't hear the road noise from the tires.
The engine runs smooth, shifts smooth and it can move with the turbo.

Styling, Navigation, Cooled Seats, Panaramic Sun Roof. Really it's all pretty good. Very happy I bought it.

If they could just put a little more padding in the front seats and make the ride a little less firm they would have an amazing ride.