Used 2011 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Love my car
By sean_nock1

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I initially bought a 2010 optima in November of last year. I was happy with it until a month later I saw the 2011 Kia Optima. I fell in love with the vehicle and what really caught my eye is the fact it came in a manual 6 speed. I recently gave in and went back to the same dealership I bought the 2010 to see if I could get a 2011. Thankfully everything worked out and I was able to get it not paying that much more.

Owe KIA an apology
By richn2

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First looked at a KIA in June, thought no way spending xx dollars for a KIA. I mean its a KIA.
Plus I have a fully loaded Durango that I loved.Well picked up my 2011 SX Pearl White w/ tech & Prem package last Saturday.
Should have done it a lot sooner. First day out took it on a 200+ mile drive, highway avg 34.8 mpg.
All week city traffic avg 24. 4 mpg.
What a ride.
No pulling to the left, interior is plenty quite, steering is tight but so was my Saab. When my 24 yr daughter saw it she said let's trade in her Pontiac Solstice and get her a Optima, so it must be a sharp looking car.
Is it a perfect car no but its close enough. I learnt never to compare what I had to what I have.

Still getting familiar with all of the accessories so for now I would say the gas mileage. So far I have not been disappointed with anything inside or outside of the car. I do like the Infinity radio and the layout of the dash. The nav system is ok but what one is perfect. Oh thats right mine was in my last car.

I do think the radio display is a little too much specifically the big visual display in the left hand corner of the nav screen. It would be nice to have a backup sensor and a split screen showing both the map and the radio channels.

So far, so good
By im714

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car for 6 weeks now and have put 1600 miles on it. The build quality seems to be pretty good although there is a squeak coming from the passenger door. The turbo is a lot of fun to drive, but doesn't make the vehicle a sports car.
The vehicle makes the weirdest sound when accelerating but I guess that is normal (sounds as it if has an electric engine or something). Visibility out the back window is limited but you get used to it after a while. I love the exterior design of the car. The interior is good but it could be better. I wish I had gotten the Infinity stereo-the standard is loud but that's about it. As for MPG, the computer estimates 2 MPG higher than the actual number.

USB port - it will play music right from your flash drive, comfortable leather seats, roominess in front, back, and trunk, folding side mirrors, quiet ride, exterior design, and fuel economy. I have gotten 37 MPG on a highway trip going 70 MPH with 4 people in the car. It seems as though the fuel economy is better at 65-70 MPH than at 55-60. All the ECO setting does is shift at lower RPM in order to increase fuel efficiency. However, if you have a lead food, the ECO mode won't make any difference in real-world MPG numbers. Another cool thing about the car is that the rear windows roll all the way down, which is rare these days.

The 17-inch alloy wheels are probably the least cool thing about the car. I used to hate them with a passion but since I am not ready to spend the money for new rims, I have learned to live with these. I wish the stock stereo would be a bit better but realize I might be asking for too much. Being an audiophile, however, the sound annoys me. I will be upgrading that pretty soon.

FROM A NIGHTMARE TO AN OPTIMA
By d2dv

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a Land Rover Discovery that was a constant pain that wouldnt go away. Now I have an OPTIMA and I couldnt be happier. I test drove the Accord, Camry, Focus, Cruze, and others... OPTIMA is hands down the best out of any of these. Tons of features are included in even the base model. I got the extended 100K bumper to bumper warranty just for added piece of mind and I still paid under $25K out the door. Already have 2000 miles and I am averaging 29 mpg!! Less than the stated mpg but much better than the 11mpg I was getting on the Rover. Im probably getting the KIA Sportage when our minivan finally gives up.

Styling; mpg; Sirius radio; Bluetooth; Safety

Make power driver seat standard on all models.

Blown Away
By dakota001

2011 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking at Lexus, Acura, Accord EX recently and drove by a KIA Dealership.
I remember a friend had purchased a KIA years ago and put over 300,000 miles on it with virtually no problems.

I was blown away at the Optima.
It is elegant, refined, stylish and reasonably priced.
After the test drive, I called my credit union and drove it home immediately.
The next day when I went to sign the paperwork for my loan at the Credit Union, there two more new Optimas in the parking lot.
The loan officers came out to look at them and were all oooohing and aahhhing.
I LOVE my Optima