Used 2011 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Love my KIA Optima!!
By sabz

2011 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It is a great looking car.
I get tons of compliments!!! People are always stopping me in parking lots and telling me how nice of a car it is.
I love to drive it.
However, the other day it would not start.
Turns out it had a problem with the brake switch.
KIA had it fixed and back to me the same day.
Also about 3 months of owning the car, I noticed that the radio screen was scrambled.
KIA replaced it under warranty. I would still recommend it!

I love the panoramic sun roof. The seats are incredibly comfortable. I love the heated steering wheel. As well as the heated and cooled front seats, and the kids love the heated rear seats seats! Wisconsin mornings are very cold!! I think it is a beautiful car. Mine is white with gray leather interior.

On the highway, the road noise is quite loud. We talked to the KIA dealership, and they said it was probably the Nexen tires.

MPG not even close
By td007

2011 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Normal driving you'll be lucky to get 19mpg. Thought with a range of 24-34 it would fall some place in between. Otherwise it is a fun car. With all the bells and whistles it is comparable to a car that costs $20k more.

Nice looking exterior and interior. Quick. Love all the extra features.

Do something so the engine doesn't sound so cheesy. Have the outside temperature on the mirror or someplace you can see it all times.

Nothing but problems
By kjanney

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was so excited when I puchased my Kia Optima last June. However, that quickly changed. Two weeks after purchase, the turbo blew out while we were on vaction. It took forever to be fixed because parts on a new car were not readily avaiable. Once we got it back, the Turbo blew out AGAIN in less than a month.
Not to mention that the alignment has been out since I bought the car. The Turbo hasn't blown out since the 2nd failure, but the alignment continues to be out, even after multiple attempts to fix it. I'm tired of fighting the steering wheel to stay on the road.
The car looks slick, and has cool features, but I can't keep this one.
Looking for another car.

Heated/cooled seats, panoramic sunroof

Fix the alignment issues, and make sure that new cars are thoroughly tested so that major failures do not occur when the car is in the consumer's hands.

7 months / 14,000 miles
By we_will_see

2011 Kia Optima EX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had my Optima EX turbo/loaded for 7 mo. now and have driven over 14,000 miles.
Still like this care very much, I live in NE Ohio and it drives great in the snow.
Had to drive through a snow storm in Indiana on my way home from Chicago and it handled great on the highway.
Love the heated seats and steering wheel, great on those cold mornings.
Defrost works fast & well, as does the rear defrost/mirror heaters.
Handling & performance are excellent, very sure footed.
Transmission is great also.
Love the nav/blue tooth/voice activation etc.
Every thing is really easy to use.
My only complaint would be the stiff seat but heard they fixed in 2012 models.
Overall great car!

Performance, heated seats, heated steering wheel, navigation/blue tooth/voice, handling, driving in the snow, quiet.

More padding in seats (heard they have done this in 2012 model), gas mileage is good but not as good as they claim. My gas mileage was better when I first bought it. This may because it's winter and typically get lower gas mileage in the cold weather.

It is cool, not expensive and.....it is a hybrid!!!!!!!!
By luisguido

2011 Kia Optima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I am a Hybrid guy (previously owned a Prius, then a Camry, the a Fusion and finally an Insight (I average 28000 miles per year).
I bought my Optima Hybrid three weeks ago and I already drove 2,765 miles.
Guys with this car you can have all of the above: the Camry comfort, the Fusion solidity, the Insight low price, and if you drive your Optima Hybrid by placing an egg between you foot and the accelerator, you can get 32/38/43 miles per gallon - trust me, I get that all the time.

Did I say it is so cool!!!!!!!!!!

Can they make it more cool!!!!!