Used 2010 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Great so far!
By char3lee

2010 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car so far.
I have put about 1000 miles on it and am really enjoying it.
I bought it
barely used, and feel I got a great deal.
The back is very roomy for two people and a third would be pretty comfy if they were not too big or if it wasn't a long trip.
It has all of the things that are important to me and more.
I did get the higher end wheels and automatic driver's seat, which are nice. It has lots of pep and I get 33 mpg on the highway.
I think that's great for a non-hybrid.
Everything is just laid out great!
Get one now, because I think the price will go up on these.
The 2011 looks even nicer.

I love the fuzzy upholstery. This seems to be hard to find in recent cars. I love that it has satellite radio and an aux jack. I haven't tried the usb jack yet, so I can't comment. I really love the mileage I get. The great thing about this car is that almost everything is standard without a lot of extra cost. Oh, and did I mention Great Warranty!

Seats could be a little more comfortable. For a long trip a small thin pillow for a little extra back support helps me. If I were really going to get picky, some type of audible alert would be good if you open the door with the lights still on.

New Purchase
By avgwarhawk1

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle at a end of the year clearance.
Glad I did.
Turned in a dreaded VW.
I did drive the car 150 miles thus far.
Not much however the ride is comfortable and overall very pleasant to drive.
Controls on the dash are easy to read and reach.
Fit and finish are solid. The car feels very confident on the road.
Steering is confident as well.
There is no blind spots that I noticed.
Over all the value of what you get when purchased is excellent.

Navigation system works well. Pick up for the V6 is nice. Shifting is smooth. Although many say the looks of car are mundane but I find the looks to be on par with other manufacturers. The leather heated seats are great. Basically I got the loaded version of this car and all the feature are to my liking.

None that I can see thus far.

Love it!
By AB

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased it and although I've only had it a few days I love it so far and I really like the warranty they offer with KIA. Would buy another I really like it and the price was great! Rides good too!

Body style, ride, room and of course the gas mileage and warranty.

none the ones I would suggest they offer in other models

Excellent Value
By DD

2010 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Here at the end of 2010, the 2010 model optima is a great deal. The options you can get for your money on an ex or sx blow the Toyota/Honda competition away. The only close competitor price wise was the Malibu, which was also discounted. The optima has the Malibu beat in most regards in my opinion. Gas mileage is good, I'm getting 24-25 mpg in the city around la and I'm not an easy driver. On the highway, if I try I can push around 35 mpg. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power, more than most of its competition. Interior is great. Exterior looks really sharp, better than Hyundai's and I like over the Camry and Accord.

Power and heated front seats; Nav system; Subwoofer included on the infinity stereo system; 100,000 mile warranty.

The 2011 is all new so this is a moot point. Hopefully the new GPS has more up to date POIs and a way to update it.

Awesome car!
By Riya

2010 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car for about 2 months but so far so good. This is my second Kia, my previous Kia was an 06 Sorento, Kia is definitely stepping their game up. I chose this car over a new Honda Accord because Kia offers more bang for the buck. For less than the price of the Honda I got a touch screen system w/ nav and satellite radio, sunroof, ipod connection, and heated seats. This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and the gas mileage is decent also. The warranty is also awesome. I love my new car!

The touch screen radio system and sunroof are my favorite feature. It is also roomy enough for my 4 year old and all of her stuff in the backseat. The trunk also has a lot of space.

I would have liked a v6 option, the 4 cylinder doesn't have enough acceleration for my aggressive driving, and the radio doesn't have a Bluetooth connection. The gas mileage is decent but it isn't anything to throw a party over, 30-35 mpg would be better considering this is a 4 cyl.