Used 2008 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

NEW OPTIMA FIRST 4 DOOR
By daewkia

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well decided to try a KIA got my optima very base model only option "floormatts" so far I am impressed what you get as a base car,pwr windows, nice stereo w/cd player,pwr locks,a/c I just wish it had cruise control,I do not drive to much as I have a company car but I am in a new city and wanted a reliable car.I am suprised how peppy the car is and how the fit and finish seems above average.I expect this to be a great car excellent warranty I will be taking a 1000 mi trip soon and fully expect it will be a pleasure and very comfortable drive, I only have 195 mi on the car as of now BUT I expect to have the car for a long time to come and will report back. purchase price was 12,500 total

the stereo

add cruise control as a standard feature

The Right Choice
By Phil

2008 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new car, and I would have to say I made the right choice. This car provides all around safety, convenience, and just the right amount of sport as well. All of this is available at the right price. I believe this car is entirely too underrated. It drives tight, the infinity sound system sounds great, the controls are easy to follow, and it goes. The only problem is that it says Kia. People ask me what I own. All I can say is let me take you for a ride and ill prove that this car is awesome.

Heated seats, rear window shade, trunk space, leg room for passengers, iPod/MP3 player jack, brakes.

Auto up/down front windows, auto open sunroof, full sized spare, more powerful V6 option while providing better gas mileage.

Best Car I've owned
By Jacob

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Before this car I owned a 2007 Ford Focus. I had it for two years and decided I wanted something bigger. I went to the dealership just to price. Test drove the car and bought it on the spot. At first I thought that I had made a bad decision, after I had it for a few weeks I was glad I had bought it. The interior it awesome. Just don't like that lint sticks to the seats all the time. But besides that it is awesome. Was the best buy that I have ever made.

The fact that I can plug my iPhone and mp3 playing in to the car. The a/c is very cold and the heater is awesome as well. The auto headlights are great for me as well.

The tire pressure monitoring system is a bit sensitive, but it works.

OPTIMA
By ron

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took it home and took it right back the next morning. It came off the truck with a bad alignment. Pulled to the right. It took about 6-8 days to fix. I asked where is my car? Oh it's at Nissan. What Nissan? yeah, they have the alignment machine. I'm like why don't the kia dealer have the equipment necessary to support the warranty? The salesmen asked me do I know how much that cost like i cared. The car has been great since i got it back. 1800 mi now. Took the family to Bolxi, MS and it did fine. Gas mileage great compared to my 6.0 L silverado. With $3000 cash back i walked out the door for LX model $14,600

Tight shocks and cold AC good sound system

Afraid Kia may not fix any problem that may occur without haggle. Cheap gray seat cloth. Cheap interior door handles.

Great little car for the downsizer
By bumpergirl

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the 2008 Kia Optima for a few weeks now. I understand it may take a while to break in a new car and improve gas mileage. So far I am averaging between 26 and 30 mpg. Highway of course is outstanding. I am overall happy with my purchase. Its somewhat of an adjustment coming down from a Toyota Avalon. However, I am very happy with the balance between luxury and economy in the Kia. The interior and exterior appearance are definitely luxury. The ride and price is definitely economy. So keep that in mind. The experience buying the car was excellent. The best way to work is to put a small deposit on your car, and write up the Purchase and sale, then shop 2-3 dealers. Happy days!

Interior design, and feel. Luxury for price. Similar in appearance to high end vehicles. All comments mentioned by others.

Rolls when reversing on a hill! Rolls when stopping on a hill and acts like a manual car. Need to fix this! Rear defogger, slow to start and lines really close together. Road noise is kind of hard and abrasive. Head space getting into car and ability to grab seat belt if seat is forward.