Used 2008 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Awesome Optima LX
By ex_green_beret

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my '08 Kia Optima LX for nearly 3 years, I bought it new when gas went to $4/gal back in '08.
I got rid of my Hemi Ram and bought the Kia thinking I'd keep it for a little while and trade up later.
It now has 107,000 miles on it and has proven itself an EXTREMELY reliable little car.
I've done nothing to it except change the oil and filter religiously every 5k miles, had one brake job done at 75k miles, replaced the battery at about 60k miles, put on a set of new tires at 72k miles (I put on Kumho KH16's since that's what it came with), and flush/fill the radiator every 45k miles.
I did almost all the maintenance myself. IT'S THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I'VE EVER OWNED and I love it!

Good with Flaw
By KIASTINKCS

2008 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've really enjoyed my Kia Optima. However there is a major issue with the car stalling and power cutting out, upon starting the car up and when driving.

Stereo controls on wheel, iphone jack, multiple outlets for power, lighted mirrors, power windows and locks

Seats fabric awful - in that they collect a lot of lint, etc... Additionally the stalling issue - may be from the drive by wire issue, also stinks making the car extremely unreliable and hard to recommend to anyone

My Kia
By Karin

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have nothing bad to say about my Kia Optima. The only thing I don't like is the headlights. They are pointed too low. It's like 20 ft in front of you is bright, then it drops off to total darkness.

Everything except the headlights.

have the headlights point a little higher.

Best new car yet
By art

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I own a '08 optima. Was skeptical at first, but after a shake down Cruise of 500 miles, I was hooked. Got 31 mpg new. Only after market addition was a k&n air filter. Got 50.000 out of the original tires and believe it or not the brakes! Have had no major problems and it only left sit once a dead battery! I remember the earlier models and all the problems associated with them. Night and day! Way to go! Would recommend Kia to anybody looking for an inexpensive durable car. BTW mine has over 75,000 on it.

auxiliary input, chain driven 4 cyl, a/c, air filtration system

placement of axillary port and cabin filter

Great car, so far: SAFE
By Jose

2008 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted to get a safer, more reliable car for my kids. Got a great deal, and the car still has 3 years/30,000 miles on original warranty, then a lifetime dealership kicks in. Rated safest car I could find, next to Subaru Legacy, which would have cost $10,000 more. Happy so far; I'll check back in 6 months.

For the money, everything.

None yet.