Used 2007 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Avoid the Optima
By RichardErikson

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My transmission has been replaced twice. Bad head gasket. I bought it new and it was great for the first two years and then this year it has been problem after problem.

Better reliability, better car parts that don't explode or crack after a couple years.

Some problems -overall good car
By mickkia

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this this vehicle used in April of 2009 with 23500 miles. Since then I had two problems, both front sway links need to be replaced and one of the rear brake was worn unevenly. Took numerous visit to repair shops over two months to figure out the brake issue (car was squeaking periodically when moving - was driving me crazy). The bad sway links were covered under Kia warranty. Since the repairs, the car has been running fine. The dealership was very professional in fixing the problem. Car now has 33000 miles on it. P.S. - trunk sometime open by it own. Happen to me about 4 times in 5 months. Also, averaging 27 miles per gallon with 80% stop/go driving -

1)Interior styling, great seats in front. Very roomy in back per my co- workers. 2)Air conditioner is excellent. 3)Good performance for a 2.4 V4 engine.

1) More standard safety features like antilock brakes, ESC, traction control. (I think current model have these as standard but not in 2007. 2)More optional accessories purchase. 3)More noise buffering please, traffic sound is more than average when compared to my other vehicle.

Great mid size sedan
By Allan Birmantas

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We now have over 31,000 on it, and it was trouble free. Had some initial issues, but once the problems with the air bag were resolved it has been perfect. All I do is change the oil, filters and tranny fluid. Good mileage, everything works and it's so far the best car I have ever owned. I have been driving since 1957 so you can see that I have a lot of experience with cars.

The interior, and the overall styling. Great ride on the interstates and the climate control.

MPG on the trip computer, and a compass on the mirror.

Concerned about the reviews here
By starsky

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Transmission and engine problems abound in some of these reviews. My wife drives the car most of the time and has had a transmission flush done because she though the transmission was "funny". No more tranny complaints. I drive 80+ miles to work each way and got 35+ MPG maintaining 55 to 62 MPH. No problems other than a rattle in the overhead reading lamps which the dealer took care of promptly. Car now has 42000 miles and runs even better. First 5000 miles or so the car seemed to struggle in cruise control as the engine raced to maintain speed. However, car no longer misses a beat except for the steepest inclines.

First 4 cyl that we owned. Cold weather makes a noisy engine but not any worse than other 4 cylinders. The car is kept in a insulated garage in the winter.

A meaningful and honest review.
By Allan Birmantas

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My beautiful, dependable and comfortable kia optima ex is the best and most dependable car I have ever owned. It has all the conveniences I can think of, it gets good gas mileage and it never breaks down. I have had complete strangers compliment it's styling, I have gotten as much as 40.7 mpg on one trip, and after 31,000 miles it still runs like a Swiss watch. Perfect and quiet. It also handles very nicely. In other words... For the price, in it's field, it is simply perfect. A ten in every way.

Leather,heated power seats,the CD/casette sound system,spacious trunk,the overal look of the dash.

MPG on the trip computer(2009s have it)