Used 2007 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Optima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Byron
By Byron

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my optima for a little over 2 years. Purchased the car brand new. I put 67k on the car in one year. The car never had any major problems nor left me stranded. Recently i noticed a slight hesitation in power while driving @ a constant speed, as if the transmission is slipping, lack of fuel, or ignition break-up. Also when a come to a rolling stop then proceed to accelerate the transmission doesn't always down shift to 1st or 2nd. It has a tendency to pull off in third under 10 mph. I noticed it was 3rd gear when i switch to auto manual shift. Other than that I love my Kia but hate the dealer service of Car Town kia & Ricart Kia. They can't find issues unless the service engine light is ON!

The entire car. The car has luxury appeal

passenger seat should have more adjustment features

very dependable
By ANDREW

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought this car with 160 miles on it now it has 48,000 and not one single problem sure its not that fun to drive and the inside lacks things its not a BMW people you get what you pay for but for reliability YOU CANT BEAT IT OR THE PRICE in almost 50,000 miles not one hicup gets great gas mileage i know for a fact that when i put the key in it will start the only reason i choose the kia is for one thing which is i need something that will last forever and wont kill my bank and i found it in the kia my next car you guessed it a kia.

the warranty nobody beats it

none

good CHEAP car
By junktier

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

bought my Optima used with 7700 miles, 1 year and 16k later zero problems. gas mileage in town is all right at about 23 mpg but out on the highway gets 33 on average.

really nice interior, strong heater, strong A/C, looks more expensive than what it is

make drivers seat more comfortable, fixed in 2009 models

Scarry to drive Optima
By Customer

2007 Kia Optima Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have this car for two years and have constant problem with passenger air bag sign not turned off if passenger about 150 lbs is present. No problems with passenger of 200 lbs. NHTSA has 32 complaints for Optima 2006-2008 for the same problem with couple of injured persons, but the only thing Dealer and KIA representative suggested is "passenger need to sit exactly in the middle of the seat, only in upright position, no legs crossed, no leaning on one side or another.If problem occurs, stop the car and restart it". Seems as just an excuse for malfunctioning and dangerous design flaw. Quite scary to be a passenger in this car, no proper company response to the unsafe design flaw so far.

Other than above, nice, not expensive car, fun to drive, nice looking.

Re-check passenger and driver's air bag system and sensor for safety (Like Nissan did for their QUEST 2004 - they re-designed sensor). OR, make passenger air bag turn on/off manual for driver to setup according to car's passengers.

Been a great little car...
By Mike Z

2007 Kia Optima Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was skeptical when I test drove the Optima, I'm 6'3 and 220 lbs, so I thought I wouldn't fit in it. The seat is fine, and I have more than enough room to sit with an adult in the back seat behind me. I've been impressed with the fit/finish and reliability. I've got 46,000 miles on the car and the only time its been in the shop is for regular maint (oil/trans), and the visor broke twice. By far the most reliable of the 10 cars I've owned in my life. I went from a loaded SUV, so I went with a loaded optima; leather, moonroof, and the infinity sound system is amazing. Smooth ride, plenty of power.

Fit and Finish are that of a much more expensive car.

I have read about others who have had the visor break, this is annoying because while you wait for one to get shipped in, its hard to drive.