Used 2007 Kia Optima Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Optima

View reviews for a specific Optima model:

Am I Lucky?
By

2007 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my car on December 2007, 14 miles on it; has 40100 miles on it an there are a few cervices performed on it. Normal recommended maintenance performed at Kia service center like Oil changes and check fluid levels, rotate tires, check the brakes, etc.
They told me at the service center about having to replace the brake pads wen it had only about 26K miles ( No warranty ), then The Battery died about 26500 ( No warranty ), the sun shades broke, they won’t stay up so they have to be replaced (Covered by the car warranty ), At 31K miles I noticed that my car direction pulls to my Right just barely so I Let them know about the problem But it was not covered by the warranty, the claimed

All the features on my car I Enjoy.

Dimming windows with control, that will be nice with 99.9% UV protection, all of them.....

love my "killer kia"!
By mel_p

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my optima (4 cyl, 5 sp. man.) about 2 years ago with 41 miles. It is now up to around 87k and still going strong. It had been wrecked before i bought it but I haven't had a problem in the world! I love it! Most of my miles are highway and I average around 26 mpg mixed, but my husband has gotten as much as 31 out of it. Its got plenty of pep through 2nd gear, but you loose ground when you hit 3rd. About the last two months I've been noticing a noise when I am stopped with the car in neutral and the clutch released, but it stops when I press the clutch (think its a throw out bearing). Fantastic car!

5.5 Months since Purchase
By Jason

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Optima LX (4cyl) with 45,100 miles. I have 52,000 now. It's been mostly back and forth to work (16 miles each way) and one trip to Michigan which was 1,000. On the trip I averaged 33 mpg with the AC running. I think the car is made solid. People have told me Kia's are reliable, we will see I have a 5 yr loan on it. I have an issue with the dome light coming on by itself, which temporarily I fixed by removing the light bulb. Handles nice, acceleration is awesome (esp in manual mode), braking is good (only had to stomp the pedal once).

Entry level sound system! Blue lit instrument lighting, value, HVAC blower motor (have had cars that barely even moved the air), looks of a more expensive car, insurance cost, 2 power points, spacious interior, high beam coverage

Key fob button layout, better back support, standard fog lights, low beams poor.

Buy American not Korean
By lwa57

2007 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new. Rear brakes wore unevenly. Down to metal at only 25k miles. Taylor Kia of Boardman says brake pads are not covered by warranty. However, the rear passenger brake is dragging. They claim caliper is ok. Uneven wear between wheels, (3 mm and 0 mm left rear vs 7mm and 3 mm on right rear pads) shows excessive wear on the outside pads. Wear indicator is on the inside pad so damage to rotor can happen before indicator makes noise. The dragging brake explains the poor mileage and sluggish power. Previous posts show a couple rear brake issues. Hmm! KIA called me back and said they stand behind their mechanic. Not warranty issue. So my next car will not be a Kia! Buy American!

Cup holders. Roomy.

Fix brake issues. Front brake should wear before the rear. All should wear evenly and should last longer than 25k miles.

Great Car!
By Happy Owner

2007 Kia Optima EX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Were such a great buy we bought two! The equipment for the price was unbelievable! Nice, solid fun to drive car. Have had both for a little over 2 years. Never had any mechanical problems with either one. MPG is the only downfall I found. Mine only averaged 18 mpg. The other one is better averaging 25. Probably my fault and the way I drive. Fixed that problem though. Traded mine in for a 2010 Kia Forte. So far so good. 27.6 mpg with the first fill up. But a totally different car. Resale price isn't that good so if you are looking to keep a great car for a long time the Optima is a good bet. As long as Kia is making good quality cars I will probably stay loyal!

Heated seats, Infinity sound system, great styling and plenty of power with the V6. Way too many other great features to mention!

Don't have any!