2019 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Not So Compact, Compact Car
By Cnovalles73

2019 Kia Forte LXS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I went to a dealership to get a look at a 2016 Nissan Sentra and ended up leaving in a 2019 Forte LXS and couldn't be happier (so far). I've heard and read very good things about Kia but only recently learned they're the same company as Hyundai which, in terms of reliability, attracted me even more. I watched videos on car reviews talking about CVT transmissions and how people don't seem that crazy about them. I'll say this much about it: the Forte is not an "off the line" car by any means but the shifting is SO smooth and the transition from 2nd to 3rd and beyond is where the car seems to wake up; especially in 'sport mode'. You get what you pay for in the sense that this is a car that offers quite a lot but is intended to be affordable and competes in the compact segment so don't expect mid-size or full-size comfort; it has a very rough ride but Orlando has some pretty rough roads so I guess it is what it is. This is my 1st compact car in 13 years after owning four LARGE Fords and my very first Kia. If it lives up to its reputation I can see myself trading up to an Optima; time will tell.

forte drive
By aldinero

2019 Kia Forte S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great looking very comfortable car .Lots of fun to drive although not a great pickup.Ride and handling are very good and steering is first rate.Feels more like a mid size than a compact car.Lot of room inside both front and rear, controls are easy and very thought out.The only set back is that Kia removed the auto folding side view mirrors that were standard on all Kia cars.Overall very good value compared to other competitive cars.