2018 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

great car
By ed

2018 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love it. better than any car I ever owned

2028 Kia Forte S
By Mike

2018 Kia Forte S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Lots of features, technology for under $20,000; great safety features; changed the tires as I thought they were average at best

Great car
By Maria batey

2018 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Awesome safe car

My new car. . . .a KIA Forte
By Jean Golden

2018 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a car that was a bit smaller than the one I had been driving for 10 years (a Toyota Camry). I also wanted a back-up camera and a few other new features. I have only had the car for about 1 month, but so far I am more than happy with it. It has exceeded my expectations.

Much research--paid off
By Frank E.

2018 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Heavily researched this car, esp. relying on CR tests. They rated this car tops in the compact class (overall score) tied with the Toyota Corolla. However, the Forte road score was higher. ( My own figures put this car out in front too, in this compact class.) Also, we test drove a Corolla for a week in 2014 and it drove like a bus in comparison. So, CR was right: car is a gem. Over 40 mpg pump to pump in all types of driving including plenty of hills (we live in the Adirondack Park of NY State.) Highlights are: great ride for comfort and lack of road noise. (Switching out the OEM tires for Continental Pure Contacts may have helped.) Also, we stuck with the original wheel size, i.e. 195/65R15, for which there are many advantages such as: less costly tire replacements, better ride (more rubber between rim and road,) better in snow and better mpg's with narrower tires, lighter and stronger than bigger rims, etc. etc. This car drives like a dream. Can't think of much to complain about. I'm 6'2" but plenty of headroom in front even with seat in highest position. Could actually go an inch higher, but driver's comfort and view out is first rate. Bought this 2018 in end of April and only have c. 1000K on it so much too soon for definitive observations, but so far could not be happier. Good choice. All that research paid off! We liked the folks at the dealer too (Della Kia.) Car is very nice looking (deep, rich, garnet red) and the price very right--recommend it indeed.