Used 2012 Kia Forte Koup Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Forte Koup Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Great lil koup!!!
By Dreamz sims

2012 Kia Forte Koup Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is one best most reliable cute sporty and fast.handles great too.best gas mileage!!

Great for a year
By vmpage

2012 Kia Forte Koup Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car is cute. It handles great. It has also jerked, lurched and felt like it was going to stall, intermittently, since it was one year old. I've gone to the dealer repeatedly only to be told there is no computer code and they can't replicate the problem. I've complained to Kia corporate only to again have nothing done. My car feels like it is going to strand me in Honolulu traffic, and I'm told I'm crazy. Meanwhile, there are forums with hundreds of other people with the same complaint.

convenience of the controls being within reach

bad blind spots Fix the transmission! Better customer service

Thyrome
By abair1

2012 Kia Forte Koup Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a tank! I was not paying as much attention as I should have been and nearly rear ended a truck but instead jerked the wheel at like 40 mph skidded sideways like 50 ft and hit and then jumped a curb, all it did was give the rim a small bit of rim rash it still drives fine and is still in alignment. The mileage though is not what it said it should be even though using medium grade does make a notable difference in this and power. And it is sorta peppy. It has plenty of room, I am almost 6'' and am not skinny. And yes it drives like butter, only problem is the stock tires are not very shall we say "grippy". I am at 35,000 miles with absolutely no issue just tune-up type stuff.

Wife likes it, easy to tune-up. has a nice stance

Better tires stock, some map holders on the back of the seats. And a nicer exhaust exit on base model, it is not like it costs that much.

My Kia Forte SX Koup
By rskipk2

2012 Kia Forte Koup Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a short review of my new Kia which I have had for several months now. I am still getting to know the car but these are my impressions so far: First off, I know the Koup will be completely changed for 2013 but I love the look and style of the one I have, light silver with black leather interior w/red stitching. About the interior: It is well built and very comfortable however some of the materials used in the door panels are just average.The car is quick, good looking, and very easy to live with on a daily basis. Average mpg is about 23, it likes to be driven and that is what I love. There are no rattles or noises, it feels solid and is very fun to drive, especially on two lane roads.

I love the bluetooth, stereo, leather interior, tires and wheels(they do ride a bit stiff, 17" low profile tires and wheels").I have every option except a navigation system and push button start. The gauges are very well done w/red lighting. The paddle shifters are fun and a favorite of everyone who has driven the car. It is quick for it's class and to me my favorite feature is that it doesn't look like anything else on the road, especially a Civic! This is my first Kia, I usually own VW's but I love this car as a driver's car. There isn't a whole lot of room in the back but I have no kids so it is fine for me.I am happy with the overall package and the price and especially the warranty!

The only main improvement, which I am sure will be addressed in the 2013 Forte, is the interior quality. i have to rate it as slightly above average for the seats but the interior plastics are a bit cheap, not bad but they aren't "Ford Focus" quality. The Kia also didn't cost close to 30k like a loaded Focus either. I don't think the car looks dated as some have said, I love the styling as I am sure I will love the new Forte as well. There just isn't many sporty two door coupes made so it stands out in the crowd. I do hope the new Koup addresses the road noise issues and I am sure it will. I also hope Kia doesn't change styling every 3 years, 5 would be better for me.