Used 2011 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

poor gas mileage
By lucymo

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned it for a month. It has 20K miles on it. So far, it does 19 mpg 50/50 mixed. I am very disappointed in this. My other cars (a CUV and a wagon) give me 22 mpg/city!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this car!
By ch3ri72

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My husband I just bought this car a week ago and it has been the best decision we have made in a long time.
The dealer we use has also helped with making it a great experience, but the car sold itself.
Even tho it was used, you would never know.
The handling, dependability, and overall car is great.

Our Favorite features would have to be the handling and ride of the car. The inside is great, but to be a used car it's "broken in" just right. The backseat is also roomy for our kids and us.

I love this car as it is. Im not sure on about how to get improvements.

LOVE my New Car
By waters3

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2011 Kia Forte. I didn't want a new car Note so I decided to get a used vehicle... I Love my Vehicle. It is the first time I have driven a small vehicle in a very long time... My previous vehicle was a durango. I am getting use to the smaller size but the ride is ok, I love the interior design. I love the gas milage.

Forte in PA...
By nepaforte

2011 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a 2010 Forte Koup SX on a great deal. Brand new on the lot with the two features I wanted (Moonroof and auto-dim mirror) for $16,500!

Driving on Northeastern PA roads does put this car at a disadvantage: Between too stiff of a ride and 45 profile tires, you REALLY feel everything. Also had the misfortune of busting two tires within a month on the area's wonderful roads...

That aside, it handles like a dream, has fun acceleration, is one of the best looking sub-20k cars on the road, and the accelerator pedal can be tweaked to feel better through this guide:

Love the look of this thing... in Race Red, the car pops in the sun after a good polishing. Handling is great, engine has plenty of "oomph", Sound system is surprisingly good, LOVE the USB connection! Just fill a thumb drive and leave it in there with all your favorite music, and the interior while not as exciting as the exterior, I still find pretty nice. Gas mileage has been pretty much as advertised, 22mpg is easily had in the city, grabbing 32 on the highway is a bit harder, but have been avg 26-28mpg with 60/40 city/hwy driving. 26.5k on the car so far :)

Gotta work on that suspension and road noise... It costs maybe an extra $100 to stick some sound deadening material in the wheel-wells and floor to minimize how much noise comes through. Have a little more forgiveness with ride, little more refinement in either the dampening systems or springs is needed. Clutch is probably one of the quirkiest to get used to, and the shifter is OK

Kia has many flaws
By brian707

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Forte EX 2011 new.
I am disappointed with the gas mileage I've obtained which for an entire tank remains averages between 20-25 mpg with about 60% city and 40% hwy driving.
Yet the worst features are the audio unit and the customer service (both corporate and local).
My audio unit will randomly start whistling loudly, will turn itself off, bluetooth turns on and makes settings changes without prompting, the CD device fails, and all of these issue repeated after KIA replaced my audio unit with a brand new one.
These glitches occur a few times a week while I'm driving.
I've had complaints with KIA that have not been resolved for the past 4 months.
I feel ignored by KIA.

The Forte EX has a nice design and sufficient power under the hood. The seats are comfortable and the dash is relatively visually appealing.

The audio unit is poorly designed. It requires a $70 additional cable to use the USB function with an iPod device and even with the KIA made USB it is not compatible with most functions of the Apple iPods or iPhones. Audio unit has many glitches which need KIA service does not seem to understand nor are able to fix. The gas mileage performs below their advertised EPA estimate. Customer service does a poor job of following up with customers and resolving problems (I often get stuck with leaving voicemails and my calls are rarely returned within a month long period). KIA has not stood behind their products or fixed the issues I've had with my 2011 Forte EX even with "platinum warranty".