Used 2011 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

KIa Forte 5 EX 2011
By alfa0

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have Kia Forte 5 for 1 months, I loved hatchbacks before I had VW Golf so I wanted to try Kia.... I didn't read the reviews before I got my car. It is rough car. Every time I get in to not even surface it seems to me that car is going to break down cause of rough and noise inside. Poor gas saving. I like those toys inside for standard trim and fun to drive. If I knew that this car is so rough I'd never buy it.

Low Priced Car--Great Value, great MPG
By rogern1967

2011 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have logged 34k miles with no reliability issues whatsoever.
I am nearly 6ft tall, 220lbs, and feel very comfortable in this smallish car.
I find it notably more spacious in the footwell than both the Focus and Mazda3 I recently rented on biz trips.

I am very partial to manual transmissions, and chose this car for that reason.
Clutch action is very predictable, and gear changes are positive.
Though this car is not exactly fast, the transmission adds great fun to driving, and I recommend a manual for all people who enjoy driving as I do.

I average about 33mpg in mixed driving, 37+ on sustained freeway trips.

I like exterior styling, shoulder and knee/leg room, good clutch/manual transmission, Bluetooth enabled audio, good visibility, comfortable seat. I do my own service work, and I have found the engine oil filter and air filter very easy to access. Brakes are also easily inspected.

The upholstery is not very stain resistant, nor is the carpeting (floor covering actually) of high quality. This is a base model car, and I mostly expected this. Lastly, engine is a tad noisy (valve tappets) when cold, but that goes away when warmed up.

poor gas mileage
By lucymo

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned it for a month. It has 20K miles on it. So far, it does 19 mpg 50/50 mixed. I am very disappointed in this. My other cars (a CUV and a wagon) give me 22 mpg/city!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this car!
By ch3ri72

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My husband I just bought this car a week ago and it has been the best decision we have made in a long time.
The dealer we use has also helped with making it a great experience, but the car sold itself.
Even tho it was used, you would never know.
The handling, dependability, and overall car is great.

Our Favorite features would have to be the handling and ride of the car. The inside is great, but to be a used car it's "broken in" just right. The backseat is also roomy for our kids and us.

I love this car as it is. Im not sure on about how to get improvements.

LOVE my New Car
By waters3

2011 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2011 Kia Forte. I didn't want a new car Note so I decided to get a used vehicle... I Love my Vehicle. It is the first time I have driven a small vehicle in a very long time... My previous vehicle was a durango. I am getting use to the smaller size but the ride is ok, I love the interior design. I love the gas milage.