Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

great car
By minotrice

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

keeping in mind this is an econmy car not a luxry car, its a great car. quick great on gas, and at 6'4" its very roomy for me. have a few friends that also have this model and they love there as much as i love mine, for the price of these forte's you are geting a great little cat

room behind the wheel in a small car for some whos 6'4"

indepntant rear

We are getting excellent value from our sedan
By smulvey

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2010 FORTE EX lease car for $ 239 a month with -0- down, -0- first month payment and a $ 400 disposition fee. So our monthly cost for this car is pretty low.

We have 20,000 miles on it to date.

We just drive 500 miles Sunday Dec 9,2012 and we got somewhere between 32 and 35 MPG.

We have Blizzack Snow tires, four adults in the car, limited luggage.
We adjusted the seats to get good leg room, we are all 6 foot tall.
We have the Automatic 4 speed. The car's equipment all works good.
We have had no dealer service.
We do oils changes and tire changes. That is all. Our dealer is a dishonest crook. ( Vision Kia of Fairport NY ). He can't change so we just pray for him and hope for best

This car has quick acceleration and decent space for nearly every possible use. The rear seats fold flat from latches in the trunk. You can carry larger items. Ventilation works good. You can use the A/C to clear the windshield fog, or turn it off and just have the heat only. That saves gas too. Car does not become unusable when you add more passangers. My Chevy HHR dropped to 28 MPG when I had my family in car for day trips. ECOTEC Chevy motor does not have good torque at low RPM.

See if the rear seat latches could be inside the front of car. See if you can add a temperature readout to the rear view mirror. Can the MPG be displayed on the dahsboard?

Buy a donkey not KIA
By jack234

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this KIA for a year and 1/2. Been in shop more than a dozen times but still have problems with it. Even worst, in the last 1 1/2 year it lost more than $15,000 in value. Payed $19,000 for it in May 2011, it is now August 2012 and the trade in value is at $4,000. The exterior and interior are in great shape. DO NOT BUY KIA you will loose big time. You and american economy.

NONE!

BUY Toyota (made in north america). Honda made in US. both great cars with great resale value, great engines and body. My old Toyota after 330,000 and 14 years of service was sold for $1000. Piece of crap KIA in $4000 only after a year.

Great Car
By paulst2419

2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the car in May of 2010 and have nearly 25,000 trouble-free miles on it. It has plenty of pep especially since I have added a few aftermarket parts. I get awesome gas mileage, even in the city. Averaging 28 mixed city and hwy. The paint is kinda crappy though. I've had a few cosmetic warranty issues but they were fixed immediately with no trouble from Kia Corporate or my dealership. $18,750 for a fully loaded car with leather, sun roof, and 17 inch wheels I couldn't be happier. The manual transmission took some getting used to. Overall great car.

Trunk space, Power, comfort

Better paint quality

Give Kia a go
By truth1107

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Any negative impressions I had previously about Kia have changed dramatically.
I bought a 2010 Forte Koup recently and have enjoyed it more and more every day.
Exterior styling is best in class.
Great features like Bluetooth, satellite radio, ipod inputs.
Car is very smooth especially at high speeds on the interstate.
Drove the civic, the corolla, and found the kia to be more stylish.
The Forte Koup could use a little more pep on the lower end and sometimes there are severe downshifts with the automatic transmission when you gas it
hard.
Feels great seeing the ECO light come on when cruising at 75mph.