Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

not so bad
By malicioustoast

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2010 forte ex sedan 2.0L 4 cyl automatic. overall, i'd have to say i love this car. traded my nissan titan for this in 2010, and i'm LOVING the gas mileage. now has 26k miles. the exterior and interior both look really nice, and the ride is comfortable. i drive from dallas to corpus almost every other weekend, and it handles like a boss. pick up isn't that great, but that's to be expected with a 2.0. only thing i don't like is this thing is prone to dents. i just leaned on the car and i got a dent on the drivers side door. a girl from my university also hit the passenger door with her purse and dented it, and her purse was freaking tiny lol. despite that, KIA made one nice little car :)

favorite features would be the design, and the comfort. the blue-tooth is pretty sweet too.

wish it had a bigger engine, seems sluggish

Great car for a great price!
By littleashley

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I owned this car for a year, and I loved it! We put 20k miles on it with no problems, and the gas mileage was great.. We made it from San Diego to Phoenix with one tank. The body style is classy, not like the older kia's. The interior also looks extremely nice with leather, and I liked the digital radio and the way it worked with sirius. The car was also fun to drive.. It's only a 4 cyl, so it doesn't have a lot of pick up, but it handles really well. We had to trade in our car because it was difficult getting the car seat in and out of the back, but thats the only reason!

The body style- looks like a lexus, but for half the price! The car handles really well, and is fun to drive. Considering the engine is only 4 cyl, it still has pretty good acceleration. It's also pretty roomy for a 2 door. My husband is 6'1'' and fit comfortably.. Until we added a car seat!

Smoother suspension wouldn't hurt

great car
By minotrice

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

keeping in mind this is an econmy car not a luxry car, its a great car. quick great on gas, and at 6'4" its very roomy for me. have a few friends that also have this model and they love there as much as i love mine, for the price of these forte's you are geting a great little cat

room behind the wheel in a small car for some whos 6'4"

indepntant rear

We are getting excellent value from our sedan
By smulvey

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2010 FORTE EX lease car for $ 239 a month with -0- down, -0- first month payment and a $ 400 disposition fee. So our monthly cost for this car is pretty low.

We have 20,000 miles on it to date.

We just drive 500 miles Sunday Dec 9,2012 and we got somewhere between 32 and 35 MPG.

We have Blizzack Snow tires, four adults in the car, limited luggage.
We adjusted the seats to get good leg room, we are all 6 foot tall.
We have the Automatic 4 speed. The car's equipment all works good.
We have had no dealer service.
We do oils changes and tire changes. That is all. Our dealer is a dishonest crook. ( Vision Kia of Fairport NY ). He can't change so we just pray for him and hope for best

This car has quick acceleration and decent space for nearly every possible use. The rear seats fold flat from latches in the trunk. You can carry larger items. Ventilation works good. You can use the A/C to clear the windshield fog, or turn it off and just have the heat only. That saves gas too. Car does not become unusable when you add more passangers. My Chevy HHR dropped to 28 MPG when I had my family in car for day trips. ECOTEC Chevy motor does not have good torque at low RPM.

See if the rear seat latches could be inside the front of car. See if you can add a temperature readout to the rear view mirror. Can the MPG be displayed on the dahsboard?

Buy a donkey not KIA
By jack234

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this KIA for a year and 1/2. Been in shop more than a dozen times but still have problems with it. Even worst, in the last 1 1/2 year it lost more than $15,000 in value. Payed $19,000 for it in May 2011, it is now August 2012 and the trade in value is at $4,000. The exterior and interior are in great shape. DO NOT BUY KIA you will loose big time. You and american economy.

NONE!

BUY Toyota (made in north america). Honda made in US. both great cars with great resale value, great engines and body. My old Toyota after 330,000 and 14 years of service was sold for $1000. Piece of crap KIA in $4000 only after a year.