Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (156 reviews )

Happy, But Not PERFECTLY Happy
By OhManti

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Contrary to some, I don't find the suspension loose or "floaty." The brakes are a bit too grippy for me. The ride's wonderfully pleasant, would be dead quiet if the air intake wasn't so loud. Posh enough, but cheap very scratchable finish on the interior glossy bits. Wish it had a compass; Love the computer and gobs of great gadgetry otherwise. Happy with accelleration, at the stoplight and for passing, don't mind the lessor V6. Love the front end, back end cloys, though I think the trunk's my favorite feature -- HUGE. CD changer slow loading. horn pathetic. blind spot in front. Saftey top notch. Eight way seats, but haven't got comfortable on long trips.

Front end. Clean look under the hood. Infinity sound. Heated seats. Trip computer. Bright brights. Smooth ride and suspension! Whiplash head rests front and back. Cup holders in arm rest in back. Rear temp control has floor blowers for really QUICK summer cooling. Massive TRUNK!

Deaden air intake noise, having done so well on quiet interior, I cringe with every acceleration wishing it were perfect and this whir was gone. Compass on computer would have completed otherwise loaded gadgetry. better scratch resistant quality on on interior gloss. Larger alloys standard?

Great Faux Mercedes
By ER

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought as rentacar with 12k mi and 1 yr old, we added 100k warranty for about $2k. Drive daily and on road trips with 2 small kids (now at 52k). Very good performance (no warranty repairs, just maintenance) and xlint comfort. Interior construction better than a Benz and just as quiet. Large trunk, durable leather, icy AC. Lots of looks when we take it into Mexico - they don't have these yet - but most people mistake it for a Jag in states.

Clean look, good leather, comfy ride, great reliability (no repairs), nice bonus features like sunroof, well built. It's my wife's but I actually am very happy with it - paid half of Benz price without all the maintenance I had before.

Only drawback is poor mileage if you're a lead foot - my wife gets 17 in city. I can get 22 mixed driving (but up to 28 mpg at 65 mph on flat land). Spongy ride (not a sports sedan) and spongy gas peddle.

Awesome return on investment
By gstanford

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At the moment I drive 360 miles one way to work on my 2005 Amanti. Combined highway and city mpg average is 22.7 mph and I drive 70+ mph when I can. Performs better than what my 450SEL did and the amenities far exceed any car or truck I have owned. 4 way auto windows, heated lumbar leather seats, individual heat/air controls for driver/passengers including the rear just to name a few. Awesome engine performance. When you kick this engine in the butt... hold on. I love this car. Miles are now 57k time to trade so I started looking at King Ranch but changed my mind. I pick up my new Amanti tomorrow. One more thing, the KIA warranty is awesome. I actually enjoy my dealership experience.

Performance. One price for all amenities compared to American auto piece meal pricing for each luxury item.

Tires on stock Amanti are too weak for the performance weight ratio. Upgrade one size and increase the tire ratio and your performance/ride ratio will turn this luxury car into a tiger.

Still rides like a charm
By Turbo

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I posted a review in July 11,2007. Well this car has exceeded all of my expectations thus far. I was a little apprehensive at first, about buying a car without much of a reported "track" record, however; I have not been disappointed. Since my purchase in 2006, I have had no problems whatsoever. I have performed all of my scheduled maintenance when due. I had 46,000+ miles on the standard Hankook Optimo 417 tires before replacing them. I bought the same tires because of the handling and ride that I got from them. This car sill rides like new and still gets plenty of comments from passers-by. The fuel mileage is quite good on the highway and not so good in the city. Great Car ;-}

Looks! Memory and heated seats. Multifunction angled mirrors for finding that curb that you can't see when you're parallel parking. No need for a garage door opener with this function built into the rear view mirror for up to three garages. Plenty of leg room. Moon roof and tilt feature.

Lighted overhead console for the moon roof and map lights. Compass in the mirror? Bigger arm rest when the window is not opened. ESC standard on this car!

Feeling sad
By Hopeful

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car with 913 miles on it. It was primarily driven by the Kia manager where I purchased my vehicle. I have roughly 28,000 miles on my car and I am on my 2nd transmission. The new transmission is unfortunately not any better than the initial one. My 1st tranny was replaced at 22,000. I've brought it back to the dealership and told them about the new 2nd transmission slipping when starting up. Now with cold weather it's even worse and I'm actually afraid to drive it any long distances until I get this transmission remedied or get another new transmission. I'm very envious of the folks who have had good luck. I really love my Amanti, but it's sick at the moment.

Great stereo, comfortable leather seats, sunroof, great air conditioning system, tons of trunk space.

TRANSMISSIONS and it could get a little better gas mileage as previously stated by some of the other owners.