Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (155 reviews )

PLEASED ............UNTIL!
By Douglas

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car used from a reliable car dealership. The car was emaculant contion. The interior and exterior looked new. I was more than pleased with the car until I was told car needed new pistons, $1,800 plus tax. Although I was the second owner, the cars records have kept and the car has been maitained faithfully. (The car has been literally pampered). WATCH OUT WHEN YOU GET TO 80,000 MILES. I asked the KIA technician what causes it or how did it happen and the answer was " maybe the previous owner" and before he could get his answer out, I informed him of the upkeep AND records of the car before I purchased it. I even brought it to their dealership had it checked out before buying it.

LUXURY AND COMFORT

My Amanti
By Gene Broussard

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best deal I ever made in a car purchase. Great auto. Never had a problem. Only improvement would be better gas mileage which is not good.

Better gas mileage

Amanti Problem
By D.Cummings

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/6970 mi.on it(told it was a salesman's who leased a new one).Got home & on parking in driveway noticed light on dash,brake light was out! Went back it was replaced, but this was just the start!!Have since replaced 17 bulbs on this car!!! Car was checked & was told nothing wrong,it's normal on Kias,& there's a lot of electronics on the vehicle.Each time nothing wrong is found, it costs me $92,so much for the warranty!! Lightbulb replacement cost $35-$40,since you can't get to them w/out removing half the frontend. Have had bottom of seats,bushings,rear support brackets and shifter all replaced, all taking 2 visits to do,as have to wait for parts! I'm upside down & have to keep.

stereo system(6cd),leather, sunroof,styling Least favorite - Hankook tires, going on second set with only 52,700 mi on 50,000 mi tires.No way to call Hankook, only can contact via email.Dunn Tire has told me they won't do anything until 2/32(mine 4/32) before they do anything.

mpg,build quality(mechanical,electrical), more support from Kia Motors

Luxury for less
By lailani

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Mazda Miata convertible for something more safe at the urging of my over- protective mother and sister. I drive almost constantly, so it was a good idea after all. I bought the Amanti with 13,000 miles on it almost 3 1/2 years ago and it now has 106,000 miles. I have only had to perform regular maintenance on the car. It has taken me all over the western states in super comfort and I proved the safety of the car in a minor accident. Someone crashed into me while I was at a stoplight and I kind of cocked my head to the side and said... did someone just hit me? It felt like a minor bump to me, but ended up crunching the other car pretty well.

Safety, Heated seats, Comfort, 6 disc CD changer, Power everything, Appearance, Trunk space, Reliability

I would like to own another Kia when I wear this one out, but an SUV topping my list. If Kia made one as nice as the Amanti, I'd take it! Otherwise, I'd improve the Amanti's turning radius.

Happy, But Not PERFECTLY Happy
By OhManti

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Contrary to some, I don't find the suspension loose or "floaty." The brakes are a bit too grippy for me. The ride's wonderfully pleasant, would be dead quiet if the air intake wasn't so loud. Posh enough, but cheap very scratchable finish on the interior glossy bits. Wish it had a compass; Love the computer and gobs of great gadgetry otherwise. Happy with accelleration, at the stoplight and for passing, don't mind the lessor V6. Love the front end, back end cloys, though I think the trunk's my favorite feature -- HUGE. CD changer slow loading. horn pathetic. blind spot in front. Saftey top notch. Eight way seats, but haven't got comfortable on long trips.

Front end. Clean look under the hood. Infinity sound. Heated seats. Trip computer. Bright brights. Smooth ride and suspension! Whiplash head rests front and back. Cup holders in arm rest in back. Rear temp control has floor blowers for really QUICK summer cooling. Massive TRUNK!

Deaden air intake noise, having done so well on quiet interior, I cringe with every acceleration wishing it were perfect and this whir was gone. Compass on computer would have completed otherwise loaded gadgetry. better scratch resistant quality on on interior gloss. Larger alloys standard?