Used 2005 Kia Amanti Sedan Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (156 reviews )

LOVE THIS AMANTI
By E. CRONEMEYER

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Amante appears to be constructed extremely well, it has 4 wheel disk brakes with ABS - the suspension is excellent so the ride is very smooth. The sensation of speed is almost undetectable partly due to variable power steering. Tires are rated at 130 mph which offers peace of mind at highway speeds. The airbags, total of 8, offer protection I have not seen in even other luxury cars. Also impressed with the alignment of sheet metal and the cars exterior finish (paint job). We have the silver color and very rich in appearance. Car seems to be very well enginered - I was impressed.

The sleek design both outside and in, very roomy and exeptionally comfortable. It is an eye catcher, receive many compliments on the car. Love the leather seats - find the air conditioning to be well balanced throughout the vehicle. Sound system is way above average.

Could do better on gas mileage.

Oh my Amanti!
By Arnie

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Terrific value! Contemporary looks, plush interior, and all of the right options. I call it my Asian Limousine. Performance and ride are like a limo. You have to drive it like one.

Sound system is the best feature. Infinity put together a great package.

More horsepower on the freeway would be nice.

The Japanese should be afraid!
By Hondaguy

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am normally a Honda buyer, but I bought this Amanti because of the great deal I got and I love it! If you are thinking about an Accord, give this sedan a try ... it will surprise you.

The heated, memory seats are my favorite.

How about a killer V-8 for my next purchase?

I Own One, I Like It!
By Manny Diez

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car was designed to impress the passengers more than the pedestrians. While the design will not win any awards, I like it because it has a stately look to it. Tall greenhouse, aggressive front end, impressive stance. It's a pleasure to drive as long as you don't expect to beat the Chrysler 300C next to you at the stop light. I traded a Caddy Seville in on this car. I like the ride and features in the Amanti better.

Love being able to open the gate into my condo complex from the array of buttons on the rear view mirror. The Infinity music system with 6 disk changer gives me the feeling of sitting with the orchestra or jazz group.

Better fuel mileage on the six, and hopefully a V8 down the road.

Tickled in Tacoma
By Tickled in Tacoma

2005 Kia Amanti Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased in July 2005. Looked around on the web and local dealerships for Nissan, Toyota, Mercury, Chevrolet, and Honda vehicles similar to this one. After researching and test driving, I decided on the Amanti. Couldn't be any happier, as it's a joy to drive. The salesman has contacted me three times since my purchase to ensure I was happy, and the dealership treated me like I was purchasing a car for twice what I did. The ride is smooth and quiet, and I bought a near-luxury car, not a sports car, so I don't expect it to drive like a Miata or Triumph. Very happy with the car and purchase experience. I would heartily recommend this car (and have!) to friends and family.

I love the nice quiet ride. Comfortable seats front and rear, and the ride is as smooth as driving on a cloud. The stereo sounds great and you don't need to have it cranked to enjoy the subtle sounds. I get lots of curious looks and approving smiles from people in other lanes, which is very nice.

Split folding rear seats to open up over-sized storage. The rear-view mirror seems a bit in the way, but maybe it's because I have the seat too high. I've never felt it was under-powered, even accelerating, but many reviews mention this as a problem. A compass on the trip computer would be nice.