Used 2005 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Amanti

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (156 reviews )

Love my Car!
By Carol

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Amanti for about 5 months and I have never driven a more comfortable, reliable car. The interior & exterior design, sun roof, color (a nice light gold) all make it a real looker. I have driven SUV's for several years, and became tired of "bumpy" rides and no back seat. This car has all the roomy features, and a huge trunk space. I got it slightly used, and it's as clean as a whistle!

The exterior design - it's a beautiful car to look at. I like it better than the Chrysler 300 - and has more trunk space. Why pay so much more when you can get this affordable, great car?

I can't think of a thing. I love this car just the way it is! What a deal! Why don't people know more about this car, and why isn't it rated in the top 5?

I like it!
By truckee

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car handles well and rides well, comfortable to drive, and the controls are easily within reach. Gas mileage could be better. Nice little buggy for the money, I like mine!

Interior is quite comfy, seats could be a little more plush but overall nice, roomy interior.

The roofline could be a little more sleek so it doesn't have such a limo look and the grill could be smaller so as not to look like a British taxi but the rest of the car is a nice modern look ... I like it!

what a great car for a low price
By Bill

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Amanti for only 5 months and have not driven a lot of miles yet, but I love it. Everything about it shouts quality. It’s so quiet, smooth and responsive. I’m 57 years old and this is truly the finest car I’ve ever owned. And the price? Truly a bargain in today’s market. I have noticed other owners complaining about gas mileage. On the cars computer it says I’m getting 11.5 mpg but I’ve tested it the old fashioned way, miles driven and actual gallons used and have consistently come up with 19.8 mpg in town driving. I think the on board figures are wrong. Would strongly advise you to check it this way for a more accurate figure. Everything else, a-one!

Auto headlights. Beautiful interior fit and finish. Good looks.

Check car computer for low gas mileage readings. I think they're wrong.

No good on GAS at all
By Amanti

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love the car, however it is not good on gas at all. I get maybe 12MPG. For that reason alone I do not like my car. I thought that I would get at least 15 city, 21 highway. I get maybe 12 city and 18 highway. I'm not happy at all with that. I have meet other people with this car and they tell me the same thing.

Increase the gas mileage. PLEASE! Don't write one thing when it really is another.

2005 Amanti
By Shadow

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car a week ago, have noticed that as it gets colder the ride gets stiffer. I did not like the plastic gas filler cover on a car at this price. Car handles well even with summer tires on icy roads. the ESP and ABS systems keep the car on track when accelerating or breaking, as I passed numerous vehicles in the ditch on their sides. Quality of fuel makes a considerable difference in fuel mileage.

Car is very quiet and has a smooth ride, the ESP system works great and heater starts warming the car in less than 1/2 a mile at -15f.

Lower the price of extra rims, $1,700.00 is a bit much, replace plastic gas filler cover with a metal one, include remote start, Have a display on the radio for frequency, volume, etc. if the 4" lcd ever quits then you have no reference for the radio.