Used 2013 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I got a lemon.
By Gayle Weathers

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

50K on 4th set of tires. Airbag light on all the time.Check engine light stays on. 11 mpg. Rides terrible.Ask Dealer for help said no.Ask Jeep for another Jeep no response.Also the A.C.quits.2013 with only 50K these problems started when it was new.CD player eats CDS.

None. I am so unhappy I can think of nothing I like

Give me a new Jeep.

Jeep doesn't stand behind product
By cleveintn

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Wrangler. So, I have been a big fan for a long time. This is my nicest Wrangler yet, but sadly, my LAST. I was driving down the interstate and heard a rattle. My wheel fender had come loose i.e. the plastic clips holding it together had broken. I take it to the dealer (still under 3yr/36k bumper to bumper) and, they tell me they have to get it approved. That should have been my first warning. After I don't hear from them for two weeks I call and get denied. They say its not a warranty item....guess bumper to bumper is just an expression. To call this vehicle trail worthy ha! maybe after you get aftermarket parts! 2 recalls and 2 warranty visits in one year of ownership!!!

Look, engine much better than last

Jeep needs to stand behind their product. If you are going to put your product together with plastic clips, you are going to have problems.

Sales to Support: Dodge Chrysler Jeep NIghtmare
By zamarrda

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2013 Wrangler.
Was very excited.
Loved Jeeps, not anymore.
Electronic Stability Control went out on me 3 times("and fixed") on the freeway.
Went into Limp mode(kills the engine) and was almost run over by a Big Rig.
Chrysler willing to do nothing.
Had to get a lawyer and lemon law it. Worst company and service EVER.
Jeep are iconic and I know thay are appealing BUT they are not run by the same people anymore AND the service is on par with cable companies.
Be very careful. ruined my summer and almost killed my family.

a timeless classic
By britqueen

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for a year without any problems and it's been a fun to drive.
I wish it had keyless start and the upgraded infotainment system they put in the new Jeep Grand Cherokees.
Otherwise, I love the off road capabilities and the after market modifications that can be done.
I plan to own this vehicle for many, many years and so far no major problems at all!

Update 8/2015: The engine block was defective and ended up getting a new engine. However they still couldn't get it to work so I just bought a new Jeep!

family fun
By sonto13

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep, overall I am very impressed. I have wanted a Jeep for awhile. I wanted something that was capable and practical for everyday life as well.
This is a timeless vehicle that stands out in the parking lot or trailhead. With two young kids and all there stuff and mine, the unlimited was the way too go. A little tough for them to get in on their own right now, but this thing goes almost anywhere.
Which is what I love the most about my Jeep.
Especially living in the northeast lake effect snow belt.
The unlimited has good storage in the rear.
The alpine stereo and uconnect is a great feature.
After owning a jeep for two years my option had changed. Jeep claims this is a capable vehicle, it is till it gets wet.
Jeep needs to use marine grade electronics. I left the top down in a downpour, numerous electrical issues after that. I was very disappointed and I sold the Jeep and did not by another one.