Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

My 1st JEEP... what joy!
By BLUTOV

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Jeep for 2 weeks now and it is outstanding. It's a Sahara unlimited 4x4 2008. It sits on forte chrome blunt 22"wheels with toyo tires. Chrome gas cap, door handles, and side steps. Custom paint (the hard top, bumpers and mirrors too) rescue green. Katzkin leather seats with suede in the middle and a 368w 7-speaker infinity sound sys incl subwoofer with Sirius satellite radio... Remote starter... A bought it from the dealer like this and got a real good deal... The rake is beautiful... It stands tall... Looks and is tough... In short a show stopper... I love my Jeep! Buy American! The drive is smooth... Average gas consumption 19.5 mpg. People just gawk at it or grin with glee.

Killer sound system and SIRIUS. The Freedom Top.

I don't know what can be improved...Jeeps are supposed to be somewhat spartan...that's the hook.

best hunting vehicle there is
By J.B.D.S.

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This Jeep is great I have been a truck guy all my life and was looking at new vehicles and decided to try the 4 door Rubicon. I am loving it goes more places then my fx4 ever thought about going doesn't bottom out over the tx terrian when I'm going to the deer stand. I got the hard top wish I had the soft top also for summer looking to buy one my wife didn't want me to buy this and now she drives it more then I do going to have to trade her car in for a another one I recomend this vehicle to anyone. Took it to sedona az in the mountains and it was great no problems did anything I wanted to do. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned keeping till the wheels fall off.

Navigation, lockers, hard top and doors come off easy my wife and i can lift the hard top, storage in rear is great more room then Ford Explorer and Jeep Cherokee, the stock tires are great love the BFG MUDS.

bigger engine would help for more performance but hurt mileage, more cup holders in front.

love our x
By nelson

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 6th Jeep I've owned and the best, although the 47 cj2a was almost as fun to drive. The power to fuel economy ratio is fine for us. With a catback exhaust and k&n air filter we brought both up. By selecting the x with s pkg. Along with locking diff. And sway bar disconnect we have all the offroad guts we need without geting the more spendy Rubicon. Also Jeeps are for the most part made in the USA and by not retooling design every year are more eco friendly and less expensive. My only change would be a seperate swing away spare tie and drop down tailgate. (makes a fine bench) we expect to own our x for a long time so the lifetime drive warrenty is also Nice-----thanks

stance ,clearance, appearance, turning radius and a actual lever to change transfer case functions

drop down tailgate

07 Wrangler that knows rocks and trails
By mattjk84

2008 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my 2007 JK while still in college so I logged many miles during its first year, now it is used more for rock climbing and hunting. Extremely tough and reliable, I installed a 2.5" lift and 33" BF Goodrich M/T's and it will take anything I can throw at it. Great fuel mileage given the use, and no mechanical problems.

Favorite features would be the new 3.8L. V6 that replaced the dated 4.0 L I6. The extra length and width makes it much more manageable on the road. Also the new high pinion front axle.

The only improvements I can think of would be to give it a 4.7 L. V8 option. Also, please build the truck version, the Gladiator.

Impresed
By House of Fun

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was a bit doubtful that the Jeep would work as good as it looks. I'm very impressed with the ride, handling, quality and surprisingly, the gas mileage. The interior ergonomics are very weak, it's like no one actually sat in one before okaying it for production. So far I've had 2 odd occurrences: A one time puddle of gear oil under the rear end and I was driving down the highway and the dash lights came on, the windshield wipers wiped once and it never happened again. Summary: I love it

Overall style, nice ride and handling, adequate performance, decent fuel economy for a brick, A good value.

Upper edge of door panel is too square and digs into my elbow! Couldn't they have rounded it off a little? Very odd location of Overdrive button. Why isn't it on the shifter?!? Where's the ashtray to stash little items? Why no map pockets in the rear doors? Needs more storage pockets and cubbies