Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

So far so good.
By brian185

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

A previous Jeep owner I was excited to move up to the 2007 4 door and it has not disappointed. I'm approaching 60,000 miles without a single mechanical or quality issue. Even the tires are still the original and I'll bet I get the rest of summer out of them. Obviously I travel alot and I also pull a fairly large trailer for my business so this Jeep is worked hard. It's not a sports car but I find the power to be more than enough, even when towing. I love this Jeep and will continue to buy this vehicle for a long time. Just thought it would be helpful to review after 60,000 miles. Good luck.

Reliable work horse that is too much fun especially with the top down. Killer stereo, better than my wife's Mercedes.

Would like hands free u connect

Love it...but worry
By Ben

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th wrangler. I have had this one for 2.5 years. Maintenance so far is 2 recalls, rear brakes at 18,000, electrical problem with ESP light, new exhaust, wheels are starting to rust, and a mystery rattle from under the jeep which took 4 trips to the shop to fix. I absolutely love driving it, but going to the shop so many times has become a bit tiresome. I have thought about getting rid of it for something of better build quality, but then I get behind the wheel and I just can't do it. I do worry how much this thing it gonna cost me once it's off warranty. 31K miles so far, I hope the kinks have been worked out. Gas mileage is about 19MPG, and that is mostly back road driving.

It's a wrangler.

Make it more reliable.

Finally A Jeep for Me and The Family!
By TheMagicTiki

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have longed for a Jeep for years, but always needed something that was also practical for the family. Now we have both! I have to say that I love my jeep. Fun and easy to drive, great seating position, enough niceties to take the "rough" edges off for the family. It's plenty roomy enough for vacation trips or trips to Lowes. Compared to older models, I also feel much safer with my kids in the back of the 4- door. The sunrider top is also great... rain in the forecast? You can pull pull the top off the cabin in minutes without taking the whole top off. Yes, it's a Jeep thing... and I am good with it! Just try it for the ride before you buy!

Sunrider top. Great stereo with upgraded sound system. The whole Jeep experience. Ability to customize almost everything with aftermarket gadgets and accessories.

Would like to see better gas mileage, but I mostly do local driving so its not bad. Could use more/better places for stuff up front (like cel phones and electronic accessories)

Still love it!
By indyCalifornia

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my '07 2dr Sahara for just under two years now (just over 36k miles) and I STILL love it. I haven't had any problems so far. I have a hard top and haven't had any leaks whatsoever. I've experienced "death wobble" in my previous Jeeps, but I've gone w/o on this one so far. On the 2dr, the entry to the back seat is pretty ridiculous compared to my older models- we call it the "jungle seat" b/c tarzan would probably get in just fine, but every1 else feels outrageous. Passengers complain about comfort, but this is the comfiest Jeep I've had yet. I receive compliments wherever I go and I've felt completely confident each time I've been in a tough spot (lots of snow/mud/dirt!)

Power windows/keyless entry.. I cannot explain how long I had waited for such a thing to exist on Wranglers! And the stock sound system w/ sub is actually pretty decent..

Stronger engine w/ a little more get- up for freeway driving that somehow magically gets better gas mileage? I'll keep dreaming, I suppose...

Blast
By GtrBt

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Only regret should have got 4wd, haven't needed it but just want it. Love the 3 piece hard top also have soft top, great ride for a Jeep really any suv. Gas mileage is decent at 18-21 mpg. Its truly a lot of fun to drive and gives you so many more options, went from an avalanche and haven't missed it

flexibility and fun

bring out a pick up like the H3 SUVT and hood lock and release from under the dash