Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Great, but leaky
By Starseed

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Wrangler for about 2.5 years now and I have to say I love it. The only real complaint I have is about the tops. I have both soft and hard tops and they are put together very badly. I've brought it into the shop for top at least 8 times now. 5 of those are for water leaks. They have not real way of stopping them, just a short term "oh the weather stripping is crushed" blah blah blah. I will never buy a new model year again.

4wd is awesome. Definitely can go many different places.

Improve the tops

Awesome Vehicle !
By Gymshark

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Wrangler first was a 1995..sold it and now bought a 2007 with only 12,000 miles. The Wrangler is my weekend fun machine. The ride is comfy and stereo is awesome. The top is way easy to drop and put up. I upgraded the wheels and tires, not the suspension because it doesn't need it in my opinion. I don't extreme off road. The new design is by far the best because it's still looks the same just bigger and better than previous years.

Stereo with Aux. input, lockable center console, awesome interior design and the always rad detachable doors and rear seat. Seats are very comfortable and it's actually pretty quiet for a wrangler. Amazing all around and through out.

A working U connect...guess it's not available in the wrangler models as of yet. It's hard to get into the back seat of the 2 door models. a catapult seat would be awesome like the 95 i had. other than that....it's near perfect.

Don't do it!
By Chest

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is the worse purchase I've made in a vehicle. It's been in the shop 3 times! It left me on the side of the road one too many times. The engine light has come on twice already. The engine needed a lot of work. Hey, guess what? The engine light is on again! This time it is for the cat converter efficiency. How the heck does a cat converter go bad in two years! The dealer will fix at no charge, but I am waiting for the next time the "check engine" light comes on. Maybe a couple weeks? I hate this vehicle. I will never again buy American!

Radio works good.

Spend the time to do the engineering the right way. Build a reliable vehicle.

A blast to drive!
By Cody

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Jeep! This is the first one I have owned, but when I was little mom had one. It deff takes me back 20 years and I love it as much now as I did then! Door off, top down is the best! Not a lot of power in this little Jeep but I didn't buy it for that. Handling is really good and ride quality is surprisingly great!

The ride quality and open air! Those are my 2 fave parts. Plus with fuel mileage around 18-19, I can't complain.

Power. The 202hp engine feels more like 02hp. Could use about 50 more ponies under the hood.

My 3rd Jeep Wrangler, love this one
By Jeff

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Wrangler and my first 4 door. Excellent handling on the road but have already been stuck off road, something that never happened in my 2 door. But the family loves the extra room and comfort and it tows my boat much better. Love the easy to use top but have had some leaking in heavy rain. With top down the seatbelt vibrates loudly. Really miss my In line 6 engine as the 07 seems underpowered at times and reves high. Over all though this is a great vehicle with high marks in styling and curb appeal. With the top down on a sunny day it just can't be beat. Remember the Jeep Wave when you are out and about.

Convertible top is easy to use. Style and curb appeal. Tows well. Comfortable cabin with lots of room and love the power windows and locks. Goes anywhere and you enjoy getting there in a Jeep.

Engine power NEEDS an upgrade. Vibrating seatbelt. Seatbelt latch also is scratching the door panel when removed.