Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Best thing on four wheels
By Leo

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, the previous one was a TJ. This is a far better machine. I just love it, soft top in the summer and hard top for the winter. I had no problems with starting it in -35C temperatures. It gets really cold here in Northern Alberta. It heats up quickly and the interior is quite warm. Would I buy another one, definitely. The only drawback is lowering the soft top, it's a pain and takes about 10 minutes or so, but once done, what a fun vehicle to drive. What can I say, I just love it.

Soft top for summer, hard top for winter.

Front passenger seat needs improvement to make it easier for some to get into the back seat, once there the back seat is quite comfortable.

JEEP IS MY LIFE
By ABUHAMAD

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second jeep Wrangler in my life, Its noisy on long trips but even though i drive it every where and all the time. and no plan of having any other 4X4 except this. It looks more great when the hard top is off, gives u the feeling that ur the Hero and that nobody else enjoy the weather like u do. Its powerful and gives u everything that u need in off roads.

Everything

Fuel economy. more power on take off.

love the looks, hate the handling
By zmt214

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second wrangler, my first was an 01 sport automatic(this one is manual) that I had lifted and loved it, besides the acceleration. I recently lifted this jeep 4 inches and put some 35s on it. it looks great but rides terribly. my first jeep rode about 10 times better with the lift, but this one seems the exact opposite. well, it is worse but it wasn't great to start with. it is a very bouncy ride, riding on the interstate is almost terrifying especially when even a slight curve comes up, lousy acceleration and i HATE the death wobble. I haven't had any mechanical issues yet with this vehicle but it is my daily driver and it couldn't be any worse of a choice in the way of comfort.

sound system is great, the soft top is much easier to take down than older models, interior is MUCH nicer than previous models, and of course jeeps are fun to lift and have so many accessories available

ride quality, eliminate death wobble, better acceleration, bigger engine.

Its a Jeep Thing...
By Paddy's

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

All in all, a great vehicle which is very fun in the summer sun and great in winter snow. Minor complaints include leaky driver-side door (which I've heard from almost every other Wrangler owner), extremely difficult entrance/exit of backseat (I took my backseat out b/c it was pretty much inaccessible),and rough ride. Those things aside, I would recommend it to others.

New design looks awesome, fun to drive, and interior features are well placed and designed.

Leaky doors and of course gas mileage.

Toy on wheels - simply love this truck!!
By Ed from Charlotte

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

My conservative friends thought I was nuts when I leased this vehicle, after all they used to see me driving Lexus or at least a Tahoe. But I was looking for a car that has these 3 qualities: 1. Fun to drive, manual and 4-wheel; 2. Convertible (to take advantage of sunny weather); 3. Has towing capability. I did not want to buy Jeep, because I knew this maker is not a reliable one. And that's why I leased it. To my big surprise, I had not had any problems with the car in 30 mo, and the latest Consumer Reports show very high reliability ratings for Wrangler. Jeep really did an excellent job on re- designing this model. What a huge difference comparing to a previous Wrangler they used to make!!

Drives like a toy, manual transmission, soft top, I don't think they would legally let me drive this truck some terrain I have taken it thru,)) Looks and drives like a man's truck! Chicks dig this car, and other Wranglers will wave and welcome you to the "family". You re buying a lifestyle w/Wrangl.

Well, gas efficiency could be better, but after all it is not so bad. Also, when you get a Jeep, don't complain about the road noise: it is not a Lexus or a Volvo! I would not change anything on this truck! If you decide to get one, go with Sahara (what I had), or Rubicon. Don't get the base model