Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Loved it, but too many problems
By formerjeeper

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I was really hoping to keep my Rubicon for a long time, but it just had too many problems for only 40k miles. A couple of recalls, ball joints, gasket leaks, power module gone, and on and on. Also, the radio was toast towards the end. Finally, the body was starting to show rust spots, lots of them. Come on. Cars don't really rust anymore.. I enjoyed driving it, and it was great in the snow, but the quality control issues killed all of the fun stuff for me. I just traded it in for a new SUV, as my warranty was off, and I need something much more reliable. This could however, make a great second car.

Excellent 4WD. The pop-off tops were a great feature. Also, the seat materials were cool

Major improvements in quality control and reliability are needed. Rusting after 2 years is unacceptable. The other electronic and mechanical issues, after 30-40k miles are also unacceptable. Unfortunately, I could not recommend this vehicle based on reliability.

No more Jeeps for me
By Jack

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had bought the 4 dr automatic Sahara, JK with the hard/soft combo top in 2007. Loved it at first; but when the transmission started slipping driving through town at 45mph; not once, but twice. No dash or computer error, and the dealer couldn't find a cause/problem. Traded it for a 2007 GMC 2500HD. Nuff said. I got 24 mph on the hwy, but I had made some changes to get that mileage.

Hard/Soft top.

Fix the da... transmissions, and completely paint the roll bar.

simple and fun
By ron

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Jeep used about a month ago and I would have to say that it has been fun to drive around; everywhere i go other people with jeeps are always waving at me. That being said there are a couple things that they could change. The shifter needs to be 3"-4" longer and i have the half doors with zip up windows and it stinks when you are on the tollway and have to pay a toll. they should have an option of upper sliding windows from the factory. You can't even find them in the aftermarket. The paint isn't that great, already starting to show some rust on the exposed bolts and door hinges; but thats to be expected.It also needs better speakers. All in all it is what it is; its a Jeep.

fun to drive,looks cool,top comes down, good in the snow, wife can't drive it(manual).

better paint,longer shifter,optional sliding half door uppers, better speakers(you can't turn it up without it sounding like the speakers are blown

07 Wrangler X
By JTM in TN

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Love the Wrangler. It has been very reliable and fun to drive. It is LOUD on the interstate, but that is not what it was designed for. Top is down and doors are off as much as possible during warm weather. It could, however, use more horsepower. Almost dangerously underpowered at times.

Fun to drive, Jeep lifestyle.

REALLY needs more power.

Best thing on four wheels
By Leo

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Jeep, the previous one was a TJ. This is a far better machine. I just love it, soft top in the summer and hard top for the winter. I had no problems with starting it in -35C temperatures. It gets really cold here in Northern Alberta. It heats up quickly and the interior is quite warm. Would I buy another one, definitely. The only drawback is lowering the soft top, it's a pain and takes about 10 minutes or so, but once done, what a fun vehicle to drive. What can I say, I just love it.

Soft top for summer, hard top for winter.

Front passenger seat needs improvement to make it easier for some to get into the back seat, once there the back seat is quite comfortable.