Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Great vehicle
By Aremee

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this new with hesitation in 2007 my wife had to have it. I love this vehicle! Fun to drive very good build quality. I have had 45k miles of trouble free driving.

Convertible top. Doors off. Lots of room.

Rear door needs a stop to keep it open. Find a way to make roof more water proof.

Cure for the "it's a jeep thing"
By itsajeepthingsucks

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought new. Problems from day 1. Had to register complaints with ntsb. Car would shut off driving down the road. Did this at freeway speeds. Cracked header; Chrysler said it must have gotten wet while hot-this is trail rated? Rear brakes go out every 12k miles. 4wd transfer cable broke. Motor is underpowered, struggles at highway speeds forget about passing. Avg 14-17 mpg. Rust spots. Automatic transmission shifts randomly. The body sheet metal is extremely thin. Interior panels scratches easy. Rear seats sit straight up. Headrest extremely hard. 4th and last Jeep (3rd wrangler), done with the 'its a Jeep thing'. If you just have to get a Jeep: buy a cj-and a daily driver with the extra money

The two most memorable moments with this Jeep are the day I bought it and the day I sold it. They do hold their value as people fall in love with their looks. Straight axles, DANA front & rear.

Get away from the drive by wire. Remove all electronics you can- most of the Jeeps problems stem from electronics. Use a different motor, HEMI or diesel? Thicker sheet metal.

Loyal Jeep owner for 22 years.
By chris

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 jeeps and this one may be my last. Terrible engine. The 4.0 L is a more responsive, more powerful and yes stronger engine than the 3.8 L. I don't care what the numbers say. A stock 4.0 Jeep with 33" tires, lights, brush guard and only a k&n filter, absolutely walks away from the new 3.8l on road and off. Did mention the 4.0l has 140,000 miles on it? Jeep really blew this one. Buy the way the 4.0l Jeep is mine also, so it is a good comparison.

looks and suspension

Engine. Engine. Engine. And when you get that right, transmission!

Finally a 4 Door
By Joe C

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I has always wanted a Jeep but owning a 2 door was not an option. When I saw the 4 Door as a concept in Autoweek I told my wife if they make it I will own it. Purchased a 4 Door Wrangler X 2 wheel Drive in 2007. Loved it every day until it was totaled on Jun 1st, 2010. I had 40,000 miles on the Jeep with no Issues. The only thing I wished was that I had purchased a 4 wheel Drive. Well, On June 15th 2010---I found a 2007 Wrangler Sahara 4 door 4x4 with only 13,800 miles on it and jumped on it. I love this Jeep. My son has a 1997 tj and although it is a completely different animal he love his as well. Thanks, joe

The 4 wheel drive is amazing...can drive up a wall. I love the Mygig Nav/bluetooth/radio---great unit. I am a big guy and it is very comfortable. Easy and fun to customize.

The wind noise that many people complain about is there with the soft top but hey it is a Jeep. Maybe they can improve the soft top header and improve this.

New to Jeeps
By BushMan

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Ford guy so when I went to Jeep, it surprised me. I was impressed with the comfort of the ride although riding on the highway is quite uncomfortable. It does have a lot of wind noise but its a Jeep. So far, I haven't had any issues with the vehicle yet. I do have minor leaks through the hardtop which I figured was going to happen. I do have some rust spots too but other than that, I hope its a good vehicle.

The hard top, it is very nice to pop off and drive around in. The cargo room in the rear of the vehicle, makes it real nice for a family.

Suggest putting the 4.0L back in the Jeep. I don't like the idea of a 3.8 V6 which is also in the Dodge Caravan, and also have the option of a V8. Also try improving the gas mileage, I expected better out of a V6 engine.