Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Death Wobble Unacceptable!
By k7su

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited in Feb.2011 with 16,000 miles.
About a week later the front end would go into a bad shimmy when I hit a little bump.
It was out of warranty so I took it to a local 4x4 suspension shop.
He knew all about the death wobble.
We tried a heftier steering damper, new cam bolts, rotating and balancing tires...nothing fixed it.
I read about it on the forums after it happened to me and saw the problems with the death wobble so I figured it was pointless for me to try to spend more money on it.
I traded it for a Toyota 4Runner.
Too bad Chrysler.
That was my 7th Jeep product.
No more for me!

Looks, interior, fun to drive.

Fix the front end before someone gets hurt or killed!

almost a home run
By tangoromeo

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

With only minor improvements (2 1/2" lift kit, 33" tires, and a 10,000 lb winch), I have used and abused this Jeep for everything I could imagine doing in a vehicle.
It's pulled tree stumps, dragged an F350 out of the mud, driven through flooded areas and snow, and it never quits on me.

I love taking the top and doors off, and the 6-speed blows the doors off of the cell-phone-chatting 'obstacles' that I have to deal with during my daily commute. And I can't complain about a stereo that's audible when I'm going 65 mph with no top or doors.

My Wrangler didn't come with tow hooks from the factory, and the street tires it came with were garbage. The back seat was a pain to get to, but for me it was just in the way. i pulled it out and sold it on eBay.

Don't make 'em like they used to
By Corben

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cheap. Everything about the new JK Jeep screams cheap. As a previous owner of 2 TJs (1999 and 2004 models), here's a list of things that bugged the hell out of me on the 2007 JK model. -Neither front seat flips up. The 1999 model, both seats rocked forward to allow easier access to the rear seat. The 2004 model, only the front passenger seat did so. The 2007, neither did making it extremely difficult to get into the back seat. -Rear window on soft top attaches with plastic clips which work poorly. The TJ models had the clips manufactured into part of the body. -Cheap feel to the whole vehicle. 2" speakers jut out of the dash - tacky. -Bumpers look cheap, crumple under a small rub.

Brand name, which is sullied by this entry into the market. Might as well bring back the square headlights from the YJs. I loved getting 14 mpg! (Not)

Go back to the TJs, implement hybrid technology, and maybe I'll look at a Jeep again in the future. /jeep wave off

3rd Wrangler
By Dzurinko

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler. My first 2 wranglers had the 4.0 in them. I think the 3.8 has a little more pep and the MPG seem a little better than my other jeeps(17 vs 19-21). The 4.0 seemed better on the low rpm end. Also, I can't hear the 3.8L so it's not as easy to shift smoothly. Not sure why they went from the bulletproof 4.0 to a motor that performs marginally better, if at all... My only other complaint is why not put some BF Goodie All Terrains on out of the factory. The Goodyears are pitiful. They have worked so hard to put out a rugged vehicle, but then put street tires on it. It won't be our last Jeep Wrangler. Lots of reviews on here from multiple wrangler owners. :)

Seem a little larger than the older ones.

Larger motor or go back to 4.0. Should come from the factory with decent All Terrain tires.

Great vehicle
By Aremee

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this new with hesitation in 2007 my wife had to have it. I love this vehicle! Fun to drive very good build quality. I have had 45k miles of trouble free driving.

Convertible top. Doors off. Lots of room.

Rear door needs a stop to keep it open. Find a way to make roof more water proof.