Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

unhappy customer
By rdegaris

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about the JEEP except the steering damper which is a flaw that JEEP recognizes but will do nothing about it. I am on my 2nd out of pocket expense even when I purchases the care plus extended warranty. Called JEEP and they could only say sorry for your problem. I think it is crazy for them not to send behind a product.

JEEP should stand behind their product and cover normal repairs.

Jeep JK Oil burning
By cmik10121

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

2007 4 door 4x4 automatic V6.
This thing is a slug off road and in town.
Freeway speeds 70 MPH plus it feels like it is at home.
Trail rated....ha.
Burns about a quart of oil every 1000 miles since 22000 miles. Got 58000 now and seems to be getting worse.
It always has clean oil in it cause you have to add so much. No smoke, no drips on garage floor, no visible oil on the engine of underneath the jeep.
Chrysler says it is normal and will do nothing about it.
I got other vehicles with over 200K miles and might burn 1/2 quart 7500 miles.
Not satisfied with this and will never buy another Chrysler product again.
I wish someone else owned it...
Search internet...comon problem.

Looks good.

Fix the engine so it does not burn so much oil. Engine needs more pep for a 4x4. Improve cheap interior materials (dash and other areas) scratch easily. Fix rattles - mine sounds like there is a couple of thick peices of steal inside the body bouncing round when you cross rail road tracks. Way to many RECALLS...I had it at the dealer 12 times for recalls. If I had know all this...never would have purchase this unit... dealer has been no help at all with problems.

Top still leaking
By dave456

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I like my jeep, It does everything I would expect a jeep should, My problem is the Freedom top seals. I have had it in the dealer 8 times to get the same thing fixed. Every time they tell me its all fixed. I get back on the road and the whistling starts around 50 mph. I parked in my driveway 4 days ago and didn't notice when it started raining. By the time I went out to get it in the garage (4 hrs) I had a half inch of water on each side of front. Ive had heaters and fans going for 4 days now. I think is dry. I wish I could get rid of that top and get a real hard top (not a freedom top) or at least get the dealer to fix it.Dave Rushmer

Its a jeep.

Get rid of the freedom top and go back to a good quality top.

2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rescue Green
By skenjr

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Jeep JK Wrangler new.
It came with a soft top.
After 5 years and 105k miles, I've had relatively few problems.
Overall, I've been very pleased.
It's fun to drive, still looks great, & holds it's value.
My few issues are summarized below:
1.) The highway noise is extreme.
To the point, that I can't talk to people in the jeep with me.
It's a soft top, so I guess that's expected, and I don't drive on the highway that often.
2.) The soft top leaked above the driver's side door.
I took it in and the dealer fixed it.
They said the plastic harness warps in the Missouri extreme weather...so they replaced it.
3.) At 100k, it's starting to burn oil.
No smoke, no leak.

I just disappears. I've read on sites that this is "common". The dealer is going to change the piston rings this week and hopefully that will help/fix the issue.

High Oil Consumption
By trixie8

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Good car, very poor build quality and Chrysler will not stand behind fixing engine issues.

4x4 and fun to drive.

My issue is the large amount of oil used, 1 qt used per 2500 miles. This is what the dealership and jeep told me. NORMAL OIL CONSUMPTION: Below are industry standards for normal engine oil consumption: Mileage below 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 1,000 miles driven. Mileage above 50,000: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 750 miles driven. So, as long as a jeep with 50000 or more miles on it does not use more than a quart of oil every 750 miles they do not care, and they will not fix it. I was also told that why new Jeeps take 6 qt's since they use so much oil. I even have a warranty and they still will not fix it. There are no oil leaks and I have had 2 oil consumption test ran on the vehicle by the dealership. The dealership and Chrysler will not help fix the problem. I was told by the dealership that I am lucky it does not use a quart of oil every 1000 miles, since it may get low enough to burn the engine up in under 2500 miles.