Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

My new Jeep
By Jim

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome Jeep, we are really enjoying it. The only downfall I see right now is the soft top with half steel doors leak a bit in heavy rain as so does the rear compartment. We have 33" tires which were on it from the dealer and it's a little slugish on the highway maintaining 65 mph. In town is fine.

The look and the quality of the vehicle

Auto roof would be nice the existing design is a typical Jeep pain, and a better seal on the roof to door.

Too many problems with the new Jeeps
By alindsey12535

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I liked my Jeep when I first bought it. They look great, but are not very practical. The interior scratches up very easily. I couldn't get my soft top to fit, so I scheduled 2 different appointments and left it with them all day. To keep my interior from being ruined, I had the hard top put back on. Now the roof leaks any time you take it through a car wash or it rains hard. There isn't any touch up paint for the hard top if it's needed. It will scratch easily esp when taking it off the veh. In the heat, the sealant melts and drips a tar-like substance, which will stain the interior. My advice: Buy something a little more practical.

The look of the vehicle.

The sealant where it shouldn't melt and to make it better so it doesn't rain inside the vehicle. Better gas mileage. Make something where you can repair the hard top if needed.

I love my JK
By Jeepin Dad

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from a '89 Wrangler to the '07 with the 6 speed, S-package, freedom top, tow package, rear locker, swaybar disconect, 17" wheel/tire package. The ride is great, the engine is responsive with the 6-speed and 4.10 gears. Gas mileage isn't great, I have been averaging about 18 mpg which is what the sticker said it would get. The seats are comfortable, the height adjustable drivers seat is a nice feature. I really like the removable hard top panels, it takes less time to remove and replace these than it did to put up and down my soft top. I have had it off-road and with the rear locker and swaybar diconnects it performed great. The disconnect really smoothed the ride out.

Freedom panels, adjustable height drivers seat, electric locker, electric swaybar disconnect, rear storage compartment.

Rear seat access, especially on the passenger side, with the seat belt anchored to the seat it is in the way when entering the back. A more agressive tire option whould have been nice. A skidplate to protect the evap canister.

I'm trading it in after 6 months!
By No more Jeeps for me

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle looks great, and I bought it 6 months ago, it has 7,000 miles on it. Good cornering and acceleration. The transmission was replaced. I drove it through a touchless car wash, and water came into the interior. Cannot get in and out of back seat with ease. Interior panels and paint scratch easily. A recall exists for many '07 Wranglers, per NHTSA. Mine was not included in the recall, therefore, I was never informed. But my vehicle stalled out for the same reason as the recall while I was driving 55MPH in the rain. Soft top windows scratch easily. Noisy and cumbersome driving. Well priced, but a huge disappointment overall for me.

Standard V6, 6 speed manual and convertible top.

Mechanical overhaul. Fuel economy could improve, but I never expected it to be great anyhow.

Great looking Jeep
By R Williams

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is our first Jeep and it looks great and is fun to drive. Really like the removable freedom top. It has a few loud rattles in the door pillers but someday I will take apart and find. The gas mileage is OK and we tow a 16 foot ATV trailer on weekends OK. We finally got the recall for the stalling in the mail and hopefully that will be solved as it was pretty bad on the highway for the last year losing all power for a few seconds then restarting with no help from Chrysler. It goes to the dealer in the morning and I have crossed my fingers.

Freedom top, good looks and all look at it coming down the road and say nice hummer.

Get rid of the Mopar name, the cheap looking Kia plastic, Poor Chrysler paint job with ugly dodge truck wheels and a better fit for the plastic makes noises and lots of rattles. Maybe build it in another country where quality is still the main focus, NO UAW