Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

My first Jeep
By sonsofpar

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Very comfortable to drive and on long trips. Nice styling and features, I thoroughly enjoy driving it. I have mixed city/highway driving and am averaging 20MPG- above estimates. Really nice stereo on my sahara unlimited version. Storage is good. I have a family of 5 with one in a child seat. We can all fit and have room in the back for our gear. On the negative- I have the hard tops and they leak, 4 trips to the dealership for the 'water doctor' and they can't get it straight- 28K is too much for a vehicle that drips water on you . Starter sticks and blinckers will sometimes not disengage. Only 5k and lots of squeeks and rattles. Brakes squeak loudly

Styling, appearance, wheels (18inch), stereo with sirius. Love cruising with the t-tops off

No power mirrors but power everything else. Upgrade the interior, cheap plastic. Lots of wind noise on my hard top. Insulate the hardtop, a sunny day will radiate a ridiculous amount heat down on your head. Engine underpowered.

Best Wrangler Ever
By jmontgomery123

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have 15,000 miles on my Unlimited Rubicon and I love it. It's fun, it pulls my boat, carries wife and kids, and protects us all with electronic stability controls. No complaints whatsoever.

The ABS, taction cntrol, sability controls, and brke asist, among other electronics, plus the stock lockers, and disconn sway bar means I can play from day one. And feel safe letting the wife and kids ride along!

Needs a few more interior refinements...but Ilove it just like it is.

Rubicon Unlimited
By jeff clifford

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Horrible on fuel and surprising lack of power. Probably due to the large tire size and it aggressive nature. The door locks automatically lock when you put the vehicle in drive but only the drivers door unlocks automatically after being placed in park. This is extremely annoying with children and retrieving items from other doors. All things considered, we do love this vehicle and its a joy to drive on a nice summer day w/ the top down. We would certainly buy it all over again as in our case as a second vehicle.

Its abilities on rugged terrain. The ability to remove the hard top yet have a soft top for the summer driving season. Its rugged looks and feel!

Again, the door locks not unlocking to retrieve items once the vehicle is placed in park. Lack of power on pavement.

A Jeep Owner and Lover
By wfj

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The first thing I did with this vehicle is install a fresh air intake, a cat back dual exhaust system and a jet chip. This vehicle needs to come stock with at least a 260hp engine in it. I have boosted this engine up to around 235hp but it still drags in sixth gear on an up hill run. Also only offering two rear end ratios is a crime. Mine has the 3.21 in it and that is to high and it still only gets about 19mpg. A mid range of around 3.51 would help. I have already decided to get my next one with the automatic transmission and the trailer towing package. A small diesel would also be nice, something with a good torque rating. All in all this is the best jeep I have ever driven or owned.

One of my favorite features is the "T" tops. I probably will not put a rag top on this one because of the "T" tops. I would like to see someone come out with a cloth insert that would fit easily into the "T" top opening.

More horsepower, a fold and tumble passenger seat so the nice rear seat is available to people over 10 years old. A cloth top that can be quickly inserted into the "T" top opening in case of rain.

Best Jeep Ever
By MikeP

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The versatility of the Unlimited can't be beat. Better than expected MPG. The Freedom top is great for nice days (no leaks either). Can go anywhere and have fun doing it. Our 3rd Jeep - previously drove 2000 XJ and 2003 KJ. This one is the best yet. Looks great clean or covered in mud. It's a Jeep thing. f you don't understand, then oh well.

Freedom top, 4 doors, cargo space.

None