Used 2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Happy in Denver!
By 2 Door Sahara

2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my 2 door silver Sahara since July and still love it! This is my second Wrangler. The ride has been improved greatly and does well in the snow when in four wheel. Love the freedom hardtop (no leaks). Power windows and locks are a nice change. This is my only vehicle and I love driving it (especially in the mountains)! Get lots of compliments!

Freedom hardtop, stereo, the new exterior/interior design, and the six speed manual. Looks sharp and fun to drive!

Access to backseat is tight. Dash and hardtop scratch easily. Even with these items, I'd still do it all over again. I'm a happy Jeep owner!

Offroading
By James

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have driven my Rubicon through mud pits, up 50 degree slops, up rock banks after driving through rivers and almost nothing has stopped it. It's gas mileage is miserable compared to my old BMW. I get around 15 miles to the gallon, yet it's well worth the trade considering the hauling ability. Removing the back seat I was hauling 70 pumpkins in the back and putting my friends F-250 to shame. The reliability is amazing as well, and it is extremely easy to change the oil and do minor work. I love putting all the Hummer owners to shame when they realize they spent 15,000 more on a vehicle nowhere near as good as my Rubicon.

The front and rear lockers stock are absolutely amazing. I can't even tell you how many times those have gotten me through spots where everyone else has gotten bogged down or stuck. The electronic sway bar disconnect gives me the ability to out rock crawl anyone.

The back seat sits too high to see easily out of the back.

10K Mile Report
By Bob

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent performance on/off road. Problems: 1.) No where to mount CB radio for off- road communications. This is major design flaw. 2.) On dry paved city streets, ESP and Sway Bar will activate for no apparent reason. May or may not deactivate even when motor is restarted. Occurs frequently in hot AZ weather. 3.) Annoying squeal from left front wheel. Dealer can't identify. Most noticeable at low speeds (10 mph and less). Other than 3 items noted, vehicle is fantastic. Solid performer on the trail and comfortable for long road trips with family. Would buy another one in an instant.

Storage space. Front seat comfort. Gas mileage not as bad as expected (avg. 18 mpg). Control button lower left instrument cluster gives important info. Sway bar disconnect, ESP disengage and axle lock.

Grab handles. CB mount or built-in. Motorized side mirrors. Padding for arm rests. Larger locking console.

BEWARE! LEMON. No Help From Chrysler!
By newchryslerhater

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

To make a long story short...this vehicle has been a nightmare. Drove it off the lot with 3 miles on it and had immediate problems. Have taken it to 4 different Chrysler/Jeep dealers and only a few problems have been fixed on it...mainly TSB's & recalls. Chrysler will not help and the dealerships have outright refused to fix my car. Needless to say, this is illegal. The list of problems now consists of 35 line entries...bad clutch, rough shifting, broken seatbelts, pourous soft top, leaking hard top, high-pitched shrieking sounds, dead horn, fluctuating stereo volume, and the list goes on & on. Although a very cool vehicle, customer service & mechanical assistance is unacceptable!

Rugged appearance, large size, fits mostly everything you need, tow capacity, folding seats & headrests, 3- piece hardtop.

Overall durability/reliability of vehicle. Does not function, many parts made cheaply. Most components are unsmooth. My CJ-5 & YJ ran better & smoother than this JK! For a civilian Jeep and a newer vehicle geared toward more comfort...it is definitely lacking.

Overall Satisfaction
By Rodney

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I'm coming out of a Land Rover and with gas prices the way they are this is welcomed relief. Having a 4-door convertible, SUV is amazing. I love it and plan on keeping it. A friend of mind just ordered his because he got tired of just riding in mine. Seriously! My wife jokes with me that everytime I stop at a gas station, to get my salesman hat on so I can answer all the questions I get while getting gas. I get looks from the Ford Focus driver all the way up to the Audi Q7 drivers. Seriously, amazing

The exterior. The top down look is amazing. H3 owners are jealous because the Jeep has the H3 look, but convertible. The improved interior and the bells and whistles are great. Wow, two different Navigation options

Very disappointed that other, cheaper Jeeps can have the Bluetooth U-Connect option, but my more expensive 4-door Unlimited Sahara does not. Very disappointing. Mopar should provide a hard shell plastic spare tire cover like Hummer. This would really 'dress up' the Wrangler Sahara