Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Mileage not that bad
By djd2engr

2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My wife bought me the 65th Year Anniversary Edition Jeep for my 50th birthday. It's been great fun to drive. The ride is better than I expected and the sunrider top is super!! We drove from Maine to Florida and were pleasantly surprised at how well it drove on the highway. We also travel to Boston frequently and I average over 21 mpg when the cruise control is set @ 60mph. It is not the most practical vehicle we have ever owned but, it is the most fun. With the back seat folded down we have just enough room for our 2 Golden Retrievers.

Sunrider Top, No nonsense instruments, Rugged build

Different gear ratio for improved mileage

'06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
By Nate H

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great capability, fun to drive, sunrider top a nice feature when the weather is changing, geared really low (can start in 2nd gear), speaker quality could be improved.

Capability, I6 is indestructible and has plenty of power (barked all four tires), extra room, sunrider top, top is fairly easy to take down, it's a Jeep Wrangler, removable plugs in the floorboard.

Speaker quality for when the top is down.

It's the last purpose built SUV
By JeepJohn

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

OK this is not a truck for someone who wants to eat a big mac/talk to there boss/change a shirt, as they drive 90mph thu heavy traffic. This is a base model Jeep that can be built up, or left alone and just feed the willing to go where the road does not. It's not a town car so yes it's a Jeep that lets you know there are bumps in the road. It has a I-6 so it's not the smoothest running engine out there. But it will get you from point A-B and back. High reliability. The 6-speed tranny is fun for around town. Driving down a highway, Keep you hands on the road and do not try to multi task. It's a off road built Jeep. It's not meant to go fast it's ment to take a beating. But in high traffic fun!

I-6 manual. Short wheel base 4X4.

Amazing Vehicle
By WAjeeper

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is a tremendous amount of fun with the soft top and removable doors. Power is more than adequate for its size and weight. Extremely reliable; the only maintenance issues I have had in two and a half years are regular oil and filter changes every 3000 miles. Gas mileage is 15-17 mpg. Its a rough, loud ride, but its a Jeep not a Camry. Unstoppable off road. Cargo room and towing capacity are limited, but again you must realize what this vehicle is designed for and what it is not designed to do. Every vehicle has limitations and the Jeep is no exception. But it excels at what it was designed to do and I love it. I would buy another without hesitation.

Removable top, removable doors, six- speed manual, small size, great turning radius, off road abilities surpass everything on the market bar none, ease of maintenance, tremendous aftermarket support, unique appearance and history compared to other vehicles in the bland and boring SUV market

None whatsoever. Its a real four wheel drive that makes no excuses for what it is and it does what it was designed to do extremely well. If you can't deal with roll up windows, wind noise, small size and a rough ride, go look at something else.

Jeep Wranger
By cindy

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Jeep since 1978 and after my number 2 son hit my little focus (nice little car, escort was better) for the third time and it was time to get a new vehicle, so I did it, I got my Jeep. I love this vehicle it would not have been practical for me earlier in my life but I am so glad I have it now. I love going to the mountains in and its great on the beach. It's so fun to drive and I love the little Jeep wave. I can't wait to go to camp next summer!

I like taking the top down, the high wheel base, it turns easy in tight places great for tight mountain roads. Easy to maintain. Lots of stuff available to personalize your Jeep to fit your needs

Gas mileage; its boxy, noisy and cramped on the inside if you have more than two people, but its a Jeep Wrangler and Jeep wranglers are boxy, noisy and not meant to hold a lot of people I would not change a thing in the design department