Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2006 wrangler unlimited, excellent ride
By Boston Jeep

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Picked up my second wrangler recently, a 2006 with 8k miles. The car had all of the option packages that were being dolled out with the end of production. For my car this included the painted flares, two tone seats, 6disc cd, with satellite radio, compass rear view, cruise, dual tops, 6 speed manual. So far this vehicle has been tremendously fun. I formerly had an 03 Sahara, and the unlimited corrects a ton of little issues I always had with that car. The extra wheelbase makes for a better highway ride, and the additional space is very nice. This will be our fun car for trips, and summer touring, as well as my commuter car. very happy with the purchase so far.

dual tops, flip fold seat, tight turning ratio

Diesel power!!!and MPG

Love this Jeep
By pjb1966

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the coolest vehicle and lots of fun! I wish It had come with a few other options like a console and steps and "cruise-control" other than that I love it!! its a nice quiet smooth ride the only downside is the "gas" mileage is not so good!! other than that you"ll be VERY HAPPY!

4WD for snow driving, soft top for summer and u can drive over curves with it. Radio is okay should upgrade to better speakers but nice. Not good for Florida cut the back heats up and a/c doesn't reach very well

Better a/c and cruise control for 6speed and should come with steps needs better speakers for highway bigger standard tire size would be nice too. Maybe a car starter package for 6speed so u can cool off cuz of soft top get hot inside. Better standard seating too is needed, better mats/flares

100% fun
By Chuck Leo

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is probably the most fun vehicle I've ever owned with 4 wheels. With the 4.0L and 6 speed its got plenty of power and easy to handle. With all the after market parts available it was easy to make it a one of a kind "me" jeep. Its built tough enough to take me anywhere. The best part is really how the vehicle makes me feel when I drive it.

six speed and soft top, and 1/2 doors

radio really should have (AVC) auto volume control

It's a Jeep Thing
By Doug

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first new Jeep. I owned 2 used ones previously. I love it. We needed a new vehicle and I held out for the Jeep. Very happy I did. I like its build quality and simplicity. Just got around to installing the soft top and am wondering why I waited so long! Much better than the older ones, at least to me. Sunridre feature is cool. I am 51 and this is my "toy". My wife and I plan to get out into the Jersey Pine Barrens (once my daughter gets her license and we have the time.) Just wish I had the manual transmission, but the auto is ok.

Sunrider top, 4WD, turning radius, low maintenance.

fuel mileage. Should have a 4-speed AT plus OD, not a 3-speed.

What I really needed
By Funinthesun

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This jeep is a ton of fun. I have wanted another jeep since having a 69 jeep cherokee back when I was young (er). This car is basic, rugged and a joy to ride. Here I was thinking my wife would hate the stiff ride - but she wants to travel everywhere in our little jeep. The extended wheel base sure adds to the ride on long trips.

Being a part of the jeep community on our little island in Florida

Gas Mileage