Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Box full of fun
By Chuck

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My TJ is a weekend driver only. The top never goes up because I purchased it for pure pleasure driving. Had to have it when I found they were changing the body style for 07'. Mileage is good for a box but size would make you think it should be better. Lifted, tires and a winch makes it turn more heads than a Vette. It would be nice if it had better highway manners but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. A go anywhere vehicle with the reliability in the highest degree. Since there won't be anymore "original" jeeps built this one will be mine forever.

six speed and solid front axle, Service friendly (I do my own work) and the half doors are great. Good thing is, there are more aftermarket parts available for it, than for a Harley.

AVC for the radio, vinyl seats would be nice.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X
By rubiru2299

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first wrangler. Always wanted one since my Barbie's white and pink one! I LOVE the 06 because it's the last year of the original JEEP style. It runs great and I can take it anywhere! The top is a little difficult to get back on and does require two people to put it together, but is def. worth taking off. It's def. a dog friendly vehicle! I have two labs and they love riding in the back with the seat out. They have plenty of room and it's safer for them rather than standing on a seat. I always get compliments on it, both riding and looks wise. Honestly don't know what I'll do for my next vehicle. Hopefully they'll go back to the original style within the next few years or so!!!!!!!

Convertible, sound bar, AWESOME to drive whether your going on a long trip or just down town. Practical, gas isn't horrible, but isn't great...

Really wish the fenders wouldn't fade as quickly as they do... I know there are products to attempt to bring them back, but it just seems like they fade ridiculously fast... other than that, LOVE it!

Death Wobble
By Ed

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my jeep in 2005. About 3 months after driving it I had to get the throw out valve replaced - twice. After only a year, I started to experience the death wobble. I've had it aligned and two sets of new tires but it keeps getting worse. I've taken 7 times to two different dealerships and they have no idea how to fix it. I almost wrecked yesterday and am now taking it back yet again to Monroeville Crysler. This is obviously a common deadly issue with jeeps and cannot believe consumers put up with it.

Nothing

Fix whatever is causing the death wobble.

Jeeps are the only way to go
By The General

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second wrangler I used to own a 97. This was such a vast upgrade even though it was still very similar. I love the 06 because it's the last year they stayed true to the design of the jeep. I love driving the jeep at night during the summer or all the time during the spring it is just so fun to drive. The only problem that I really have is the top was harder to get on then my old jeep. I could put my old top on in 5 minutes or less by myself now I need a little help to pull the top over. But besides that I couldn't ask for much more.

Convertible, awesome look, fun to drive, not bad gas mileage

easier to put on top

Loving this Jeep
By Love it

2006 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second Jeep I have owned. I use to drive a 1995 Jeep Cherokee and now went to the 06 Wrangler. Love the car every since I have test driven it and taken it off the lot. Good pick- up for a Four Cylinder and not bad gas mileage been averaging 21 MPG with Freeway driving and Country highway's (Lighted Highways). 4x4 is excellent. Wish the a/c reached the back seats, a center storage console was included and the front passenger airbag shut - off switch was included but other than that I would recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a four by four.

Shifts smooth, decent gas mileage, 4x4 nice, convertible.

Better A/C fan to reach back, included more standard features, power side view mirrors.