Used 2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

"old brown shoes"
By rkcohen

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Zero problems with this 63,000 miles Jeep. Routinely get 21-22 mpg back and forth to work, same on the highway - a little touchy at highway speeds, but great to drive to the beach, top-down!

Fell in love with vinyl seats all over again - these are tough and usually, passengers have to do a second look to see if they are leather!

Pure Jeep, leave it alone! You want a car, get a car.

The Death Wobble 2
By Sebagolakemoose

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

At about 20,000 I had the first wobble multiple times to the dealership and was told I made too many left turns and the air pressure was off. New tires tie rods alignment and other parts woble gone. 45,000 same thing new tires. 70000 miles wobble, on new tires parts and we are good again. 97,000 historic wobble on again not as bad as the first one though. Dealership has given us new reasons for the wobble every time from air pressure, to many left turns, tie rods, alignments, rotation, breaks, bad tires, etc always something to blame but the vehicle itself. Appears the passenger side tires wear fast? But it's a Jeep thing and I love my Jeep it needs less work then my 1973 or 1971 cj5s.

Heat Music comfort Off road performance even stock Yes I would buy another one (I'm a sucker for punishment)

Figure out the tire problem. Tires rated for 45,000 miles should not wear out at 30,000 or less. Something with the VEHICLE makes them wear.

Love It!
By Marcus

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Recently traded in my 98 Cherokee for an 06 Wrangler Sport. In short, I LOVE IT! The sense of freedom you get with the top down, and even with just the rear and side windows off. Haven't even taken it off-roading yet but look forward to doing so. The ride quality is a little rough but still better than I thought it would be. If you've driven Jeeps, you won't mind it though. The wind noise with a soft top is more tolerable than you'd expect. If you're looking for a cheap convertible, a 4WD off- roading machine, and just a fun vehicle to drive, look no further than a Jeep Wrangler.

Classic exterior design, 4x4, fun to drive, convertible, solidly built, surprisingly nice interior, comfortable front seats, decent acceleration, nice sound system (this really shocked me), and it's a go anywhere vehicle.

Gas mileage could be a little better, putting the top back up can be time consuming and a little difficult, be careful going over really bad potholes (same with all Jeeps), if you demand comfort and an ultra smooth ride look elsewhere (you shouldn't have been looking at a Jeep anyway)

Did not expect such poor quality
By R Reeves

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Right Hand drive, built and sold for Mail Delivery to USPS employees only. This vehicle has had repeated problems starting at 4000 miles. Every time I have taken it to be fixed, the repairs have been blamed as a result of delivery of mail, which it was advertised and sold for. My AC control has been replaced more than 4 times, my transmission went out less than 1000 miles out of warranty. I had asked Chronic to check this transmission on two separated occasions while under warranty and they found no problems. My molding surrounding my front windshield has been replaced 2 times and is hanging down now as a result of sloppy workmanship.

Just give me one that will run...I am sure that this is just a BAD ONE, unfortunately Chrysler could care less. Very poor customer service.

Its a Jeep what did you expect
By Luna

2006 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 2dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

first wrangler for me and I enjoy it every time I drive it, gave the Tourage to my son and daughter they done appreciate the Jeep anyway. With the Mini Cooper for long trips and fair weather in the garage next to it, it is the perfect combination of Yin and Yang for driving fun and transportation in life

Its a Jeep

go back to the old style please even this one will wear out and need a replacement one day