Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

My 2nd Wrangler
By molly

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a Jeep fan since my first Cherokee in high school. This is my second Wrangler and it is definitely fun. I would however consider another vehicle if it is your main source of transportation! Convenience is not a word to describe these cars. You should also consider safety. Both of mine were broken into and you should never leave the doors locked because that will get your windows slashed! Other than convenience. you should also consider the effort to take the top off when you first buy one. Practice, Practice, Practice. Most of all have fun and remember its the only suv of its kind!

Easy to drive and fun with the top down.

Easier top removal and stronger, larger zippers.

Wouldn't Trade It For the World!
By Alisha

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Jeep for a VERY long time and finally got it! Regardless of what the overview on this site says, the soft top is not that hard to work with once you get used to it. (I'm 5'7 with very little arm muscle and can do it!). Now we have 2 Jeeps in the family and can count on mine to do everything the other one does (and it's more reliable than our '91 Wrangler too). A little noisy at 75mph, but it was never meant to be an interstate vehicle really, and the noise of the soft top is a good sacrifice to make with the unpredictable weather of New Mexico. I wouldn't trade my Jeep for the world!

I love the half-doors on mine. It's great to have the "windows" down/off for the summer and with the top down, and still be able to throw em in back and put 'em on if it rains or snows.

I would love for it to come with better off-road "stock" tires. The stock ones I bought it with could use some improvement in traction on the soft desert sand and sometimes steep inclines. Other than that, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Dual purpose
By Kevin

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Jeep as long as I can remember and the Unlimited finally made it practicable. The ride is good for an SUV - the longer wheelbase helps a bunch, the extra storage room in back is reasonable. It's my all-weather convertible with removable hardtop. It's been trouble free so far. Love it.

Two things - being able to drop the soft top in the summer & pop it into 4 wheel drive in the winter.

The gas mileage isn't great, but you're driving a box. Wife complains about having to climb over the side and into the seat. Back window rattles a bit and if the tailgate & window aren't shut right the wiper sticks on the spare tire.

GREAT RIDE
By JASON

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Jeep for just over a week now and love it. The ride is nice and the interstate road noise isn't that bad. I have added an alarm and keyless entry that makes it really nice. I have the Ecco tire group that makes it a little higher, when its time to get tires again I will go larger.

I can't wait to put the top down this Spring.

Hard to improve on this vehicle, I can't think of anything that I would change.

Three words ... FUN, FUN, FUN!
By DougC

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a CJ5 back in the 80's and have always missed that Jeep. Fast forward to 2005 and I have a new Rubicon, 6 months now. The Rubicon is light years ahead of my '76 CJ but still has the same level of fun. I have a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. This baby can climb! I live in the desert in Southern California and we are always taking this Rubi on the mountain and desert trails. Trails I wouldn't hike up on foot, no problem for the Rubicon. The top is off 90% of the time here in the desert, it's great! Around town we have a blast as the Rubi always gets the looks. I love the rough ride and feeling the road. Cushy cars you drive with one finger are not for me.

The Rubicons heavy duty upgrades, the A/C works great when the temps hit 110+, sound system, all of it!

None I can think of except for the gas mileage but it is what it is, a Jeep.