Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

3rd Wrangler I've owned
By Joe D

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Wrangler but the first I've owned with a 6 cylinder. It has much more torque; have to downshift less. Am getting used to the 6 speed manual which is a little more balky going into 6th or reverse than my 5 speed was. I have the larger wheel package and the traction in the snow is unsurpassed. Prior 2 Wranglers were very reliable.

Very comfortable seats, dual top group make this a practical 4 season vehicle.

Smoother shift linkage.

Nothing Like It!
By Jason

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you ever thought about getting a Jeep Wrangler, DO IT! You only live once and I can tell you it's worth every penny. I bought new in June 2005. Had the top down all summer. Not as hard as I thought to put back up (less than 5 minutes). Top seals up perfect for Autumn. This past winter I drove my girlfriend to work in a blizzard (biggest recorded in NYC). It handled great. I owned a 1984 CJ7 when I was 19. This Jeep is so much more civilized. I have an "X" edition with a Rocky Mountain package. LOVE IT.

I love the distinct exterior look of the Wrangler,the 4WD, convertible top, ground clearance.

Would appreciate better gas mileage. Average about 20mpg on highway with 6 cylinder/6 speed.

the unlimited Jeep
By tmnavy

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best Jeep ever, all that extra space and not losing any capability. I've had it for 2 months and gone everywhere and nothing stopped it.

The security group, 6 speed, all that space.

Easier take down soft top and fuel mileage.

Rocky Mountain Edition Wrangler
By PKey

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 Wranglers and will own nothing else. Love 'em!

Sound bar, soft top.

Sunrider top should be standard equipment.

I've had older Jeep's
By Marcus

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had older Jeep's but this one is the best I've had. Although it doesn't have the V-8 that I'm used to, the 4 liter has more than enough power to run down the highway @ 80 mph, and of course off-road on any trail that is suitable for vehicles. Haven't done a lot of off-roading in this one, but the 4WD is torqued enough to handle anything, providing you have the right additions (lift, tires, rocker guards, etc.) I would recommend if you want something that is fun to drive and can take you wherever you want to go, this is what you need.

Six speed transmission, tumble rear seat.

Stronger posts that hold the soft windows in the doors (top corner of windows pull away from body a little at higher speeds).